“A bohemian oasis in the heart of the Ochre City”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ryad Dyor

Ryad Dyor
Ranked #65 of 495 Hotels in Marrakech
Moscow, Russia
“A bohemian oasis in the heart of the Ochre City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Expect the unexpected, so they say - and this is exactly what you feel when you step inside the Ryad Dyor for the first time. Arriving to the busy and hot Medina with its narrow streets, loud merchants and hectic traffic of people, cars and even horses here and there, we were guided to the blue door of the Ryad Dyor. Inside, a heavenly coolness of the beautiful courtyard with its orange trees and welcome of the staff with the Moroccan sweet and strongly minty tea and sweet treats awaits. An amazingly beautiful property decorated with love and attention to details, with rooms different in its own way, you feel like home. We stayed at Junior Suite with my mother, which was perfect and private enough for both of us. Lounging on the roof terrace in the mornings for breakfasts ( I have to say the roof became one of my favorite spots of the Ryad - getting suntan (in March!) with a view of the Medina became my everyday ritual while here). The property does also have a swimming pool, but since it is not heated it was there to please the eyes mostly - I preferred it in the evenings - when the lights above were lighted and you could seat and enjoy a glass of wine under the orange tree listening to the music, although I can imagine it serves really well in summer! Although Ryad Dyor is a place you don't really want to leave, we did of course went to explore the city and its flavors, and if on the first day getting around and especially back in the labyrinths of the yellow streets seemed like an impossible thing to do, by the second day we were brave enough not to ask for a guide and made it easily, saying hello to the neighborhood shops and bakeries owners, feeling like we belong. By the end of the busy day of sightseeing and shopping in the souks, booking a massage and a hammam treatment is a must at Ryad Dyor - you would definitely need to have it! And boy it does renew your tired self! It's all about your comfort at Ryad Dyor - and the helpful staff is always there to help you - invisible, but right there just when you need it! Staying at the Ryad Dyor I had an impression we were the only guests at the house, you do feel private and safe here, and our room did not even have a key. The atmosphere, the smells, the sounds of the place are magical and I would definitely return - although this time I am thinking of renting the whole Ryad for my friends and myself - I think it would be a great place to have a birthday party here or just come here for a weekend!

Room Tip: Any room is perfect really - depending in which company you are traveling!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank OliaDemidova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Luxurious home away from home! Simply Refine in every way ,Ryad Dyor is a charming address in the Medina to experience Marrakech. loved the eclectic decoration ,but most of all the fantastic service of Said,Ibrahim and team!! They made all the difference!! Thank you!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Well….what can I say, other than FANTASTIC!? I have read so many of the reviews of this beautiful place and realize that all of the great things people had to say about the Ryad Dyor, I completely echo! I haven’t one single complaint. The rooms, the common areas, the location…SUPERB! The extras like dinners and hammam treatments…delicious in every aspect! Most important for me though, the Ryad Dyor staff…I have never experienced such a warm and accommodating group of people. Kudos to all of you for making my stay a truly memorable experience. The guides chosen for my trip to Setti Fatma and the hike up the river to the waterfall, were true professionals and couldn’t have been chosen better. Every last detail was thoughtful and beautiful. I can’t imagine any better place to stay in Marrakech. For that matter, I will stop looking. Ryad Dyor is my new Moroccan “home”. Simply stunning!

Room Tip: The Arab Suite is beautiful and spacious. The smell of the incense and the birds singing from the co...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Can't recommend this place enough made all the better for Said and his team for whom nothing was too much trouble. The Ryad is beautifully designed throughout with an original authentic Moroccan feel. Thanks for making our stay so special Said - a beautiful place to get engaged!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Can there be a better place to stay in Marrakesh! Small, peaceful, luxurious and authentic, this is a rare find. The staff are marvelous, it feels like staying with friends. Each room has its own fabulous Moroccan interior design. Breakfast on the roof listening to birdsong, with a view of the snow covered Atlas can't be bettered. A real oasis to return to after the bustle of the town. Don't expect the facilities of a large modern hotel, but if you want to experience the real Marrakesh then fight to get a room here!

lonfon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

The Ryad Dyor is quite simply superb! From the moment we arrived until the moment we left ( 4 nights stay)we could not have been better looked after in a more beautiful riad in Marrakech. Just off the beaten track tucked quietly away the Ryad Dyor is fantastic. We felt as though we were staying in our own private villa. The rooms were beautifully designed and spacious and the beds extremely comfortable. Said, Ibraham and the team were exemplary. We ate two evening meals on the roof terrace which were gorgeous and as to the breakfasts they were superb. My daughter who has a gluten allergy was very well looked after! We hope to return and would not hesitate to recommend the Ryad Dyor to anyone to stay. Thanks you!
Suzanne Yeates

brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Ok so I literally have stayed all over the world through work, and have experienced many "great" hotels - however I have never felt compelled to write a review before, not even a bad one!

However I simply could not believe just how brilliant this little gem of a place was.

Not only was this hotel beautiful, and immaculately presented - there was a mystic charm surrounding the whole building. I genuinely felt like a prince swanning round his palace - and was treated like one too.

The staff were literally the friendliest, most attentive people I have ever met. They literally could not do enough for me or my partner to ensure our stay was as magical as possible.

The breakfast on the rooftop was sublime, varied, and large. There was the most incredible view of the rooftops towards the atlas mountains whilst devouring my fruit, omelette, bread selection, pan de chocolat!

I couldnt praise this place enough. If you are looking for a beautiful, tranquil and romantic getaway then this is the place for you!

Mike. Brighton

Room Tip: I stayed in the superior suite - definitely worth the money!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple