“Best hotel I've ever stayed at” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dar Anika

Riad Dar Anika
Ranked #10 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
“Best hotel I've ever stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Fantastic place, I can't say enough good things about it. I've stayed at many expensive hotels on work and pleasure and this is easily the best without even being the most pricey. Staff very welcoming, great food, fantastic room, beautiful rooftop terrace and perfect location in the centre of old Marrakech. We spent 3 nights with my girlfriend and celebrated my birthday there. The staff surprised us with a cake and flowers and always went out of their way to be helpful. When we left they even prepared a packed meal with sandwich and fruit for our a journey. A true home away from home, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Don't miss it!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
5 Thank LovesToTravel297

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I've been meaning to write a review of this wounderful place since my visit here in November last year with my Mum, and only now, as I'm reviewing other people's useful comments on trip advisor about other places I'm looking to go to now, have I got round to it. That said, time has not lessened my wonderful memories of this place, from our welcome greeting by friendly and helpful staff, to the amazing oasis of calm that is Dar Anika.

The added advice and tips from the Dar Anika team meant our stay was not only memorable, but exceeded both our expectations.

We had the twin room on the first floor, which was a good size for the 2 of us, and in a great location at the front of building. The Riad itself is in the perfect location, just 10 minutes' walk from the main square Jamaa El Fna, in the middle of things, yet an oasis of calm, friendliness, peace and comfort. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, the service from everyone was exemplary, and we felt at home and at ease the minute we arrived. The lounge area inside, and the outside roof terracce, complete with loungers, meant that after a busy day of sight seeing, there was always somewhere lovely and comfortable to come back to and relax before heading out again, and we were always offered mint tea and some other tasty delight to enjoy when we returned.

The food was absolutely amazing. I can't write this review without mentioning our wonderful generous breakfasts we took out on the roof terrace, looking over the roof tops of Marrakech, eating fresh fruit, home made bread, cakes, pancakes, and yoghurts, accompanied by fresh juice and tea every morning. It was the most wonderful start to the day. If you have time to book in for a meal one evening as well you will enjoy one of the best meals you will have in Marrakech. We would thoroughly recommend it. They were so generous and our room was alway refreshed every day with fruit and biscuits, and we were even given a packed lunch for our transfer drive over to the coast at the end of our stay, completely out of the blue.

We recieved brilliant advice on where to go in and around Marrakech from the manager and assistant manager, and there was always someone around to answer our questions. Nothing was too much trouble and they booked restaurants and organised a tour for us as well.

All in all this little riad was an absolute gem, offering 5 star service, a brilliant location, a wonderful ambiance, delicious food, and a warm welcome, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone heading to Marrakech. By the end of our stay we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank DJPage
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This last Friday and Saturday, the family and I visited Marrakesh for the last stop on our Moroccan adventure. On the edge of the bazaar lies a wonderful boutique hotel. Like most Moroccan homes, it was a bit unassuming from the outside. However, when you step through the big wooden doors, it opens up to a garden, pool and common area decorated in the traditional Moroccan style. It had every modern concenience like a large flat screen TV for my young son to watch in the evenings, as well as, WI-FI for my teenager. Upon arrival, we were treated to an afternoon tea with homemade cookies. The rooms were both spacious and beautifully decorated. We were welcomed with fresh rose petals on the bed and placed throughout the room. It felt like heaven. The manager (Samir Fadwa) and his staff were quick to satisfy our every whim including food of our choosing, directions to local attractions and special accommodations including a traditional bath / message for my husband and I. All in, the family was totally pampered after a long journey around Morocco and had a fantastic experience at the Dar Anika. If there was a way to give beyond five stars, I would. If you are ever in Marrakesh and are looking for a great getaway, make sure to check out this hotel. Take it from a family of discerning travelers, the property and superior service are worth the stop.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Elizabeth M
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Brilliant holiday in Marrakech made even more perfect due to our stay at Dar Anika. Samir and the team could not do enough to make our stay there any more enjoyable. After a delayed arrival our driver arranged via the hotel took us on the short journey to the Riad in comfort. On arrival we had a lovely meal on the terrace before bed. The next morning after a tasty Moroccan breakfast , Samir gave a comprehensive insight into the sights and sounds of the local area with places to visit and avoid which was very useful when exploring the town. We booked excursions via Samir with confidence in getting the best service and experienced a Hammam and massage onsite.
For all of our stay the staff were very attentive and little gestures like bringing cake and drinks to poolside when we were having a dip didn't go un noticed to make you feel special.
Would definitely recommend and use again if we returned to Marrakech - 5 Stars !!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

7 Thank chromey
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I was here only one night, thanks to Air Tunisia's strike, but it was a great night. The innkeepers worked with me about the strike, made sure I was safely met at the airport, and best of all, managed to put all of my favorite Moroccan foods into a gorgeous dinner. Their cook is particularly talented. My stay was clean and comfortable, and the location was convenient to the souks. I usually stay on the other side of the square, but this was a fine change. The roof deck might be the best part of the hotel - very pleasant. The bed was a little hard, but that's about all I can point to that might be improved upon. Everything else was really great. Email and phone communications were fast and reliable, and the folks who run the hotel are responsive.

If you can believe it, when I departed, I found they'd made me supper to-go since they knew I would miss dinner with my flight time. Believe me, that fruit and sandwich was the envy of everyone on that BA flight to Gatwick; it was delicious and the airplane choices were terrible. I feel really lucky to have found such a nice place and kind people to stay with. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
      Location
7 Thank JenniferSpencer
The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel has excellent customer service and nice little touches that guests will remember. Upon arrival we were received with a welcome tea, sweet milk, little pastry delights and dates. We also received an upgrade to a suite, which was lovely. Breakfast was delicious and abundant, with harira soup, cake, fruit, eggs, juice, good coffee, crepes and bread! The staff were extremely accommodating and pleasant and when we were leaving they even gave us a packed lunch in a lovely coloured material bag. The location is also very good, within walking distance to the Djemma el Fna square and other sites, such as the Bahia Palace, which is around the corner. The only slightly negative comment I have relates not to the hotel itself but to the guide organised by Dar Anika who took us on a walking tour for a few hours (a complimentary add-on if you book direct with the hotel). While he was a perfectly nice man, his tour wasn't the most informative and he was eager to take us to shops. That was a pity as we had much more informative guides in other Moroccan cities.

Room Tip: The suite on the first floor at the far end of the courtyard is lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Amy S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Staff are very friendly, helpful and hospitable. They are always available, happy to help with good tips for where to eat out and visit, as well as useful advice for getting around safely. When we arrived we were greeted warmly with a traditional Moroccan welcome including delicious cakes and tea. The hotel is very beautifully designed and decorated with a calm, quiet atmosphere, and is kept very clean. There is a lovely roof terrace with interesting views, where you can enjoy breakfast and relax on the loungers. The breakfast was everything you could want (fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, cake, delicious breads, Moroccan soup, fresh orange juice, coffee) and was delicious.The hotel is in an excellent location close to the main square as well as attractions like the El Badi Palace. It is also well located for the airport and the hotel were happy to arrange transport to the airport for us at quite short notice. Overall, everything was perfect! Great location and atmosphere, beautiful hotel, delicious food, and very helpful and hospitable staff!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room, and it was very nice and quiet! You may want to ask for a quiet room too...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple