“An Experience I will remember for ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riad Dar Anika

Riad Dar Anika
Ranked #6 of 495 Hotels in Marrakech
Harrow, England, United Kingdom
“An Experience I will remember for ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have never stayed anywhere quite like Riad Dar Anika. To be fair I didn't even know what a Riad was! The welcome we received was warm and sincere. The hussle and bussle of the Medina outside was exciting and a bit crazy, then once behind the huge beautiful doors of Riad Dar Anika was tranquility, calm and smells that were a feast for the sences. Our room was large and beautifully done, traditional yet contemporary, comforatable, and So peaceful. We relaxed on the roof terrace on comfy sun loungers. In the evenings we chilled by the log fire and we ate the most amazing food! Lamb Tagine washed down was lashings of fantastic Moroccian wine which was suprisingly, very nice indead. We explored Marrakech, the YSL gardens and the markets. The highlight was the Riad. I went with my cousin who had made all the arrangements. We have both travelled fairly extensively but have NEVER known hospitality like that of Riad Dar Anika. The staff could not do enough for us, to make us comfortable and welcome, talk about go the extra mile!!! I can't wait to go back and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else! As for value for money, its fantastic value. I can't wait to recommend to family and friends, they will love it. I can't think of a single negative. A fancy hotel is a fancy hotel. You could be anywhere in the world they are all much of a muchness. A Riad has a completely differant ambiance. Its So relaxed, friendly, and the sense of calm is to be relished and soaked up. The manager and his team of wonderful staff have something special going on at their beautiful Riad Dar Anika. It was magical, and guess what......... I Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Room 1 was beautiful. Its on the 1st floor. Its only ground the 1st floor, the roof terrace
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Caroline B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

This boutique hotel is simply superb! I have visited a number of 5* hotels over the years but none top this one, as hospitality is second to none and the service is out of this world. After learning that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, we got upgraded to a suite and a large bouquet of roses was delivered to us!
The room was very clean, well appointed with everything you would need. It was also recently refurbished with great attention to detail. Everything was hand crafted locally apart from the laptop with the free internet access.

The food was fantastic. We expected to pay much more than we did for food and beverage, but were pleasantly surprised by how reasonably priced everything was.

The two hour massage, hammam and scrub is a truly soothing experience. Well worth it.

We have told all our friends and family about Dar Anika and thinking of coming back and booking the entire Riad for all of us to enjoy!

See you soon Dar Anika!

Room Tip: Suite 2 we stayed in was spacious and had a beautiful dome.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank fiona w
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

My adult daughter and I spent a lovely week here and loved it. The superb breakfasts on the roof and one night we enjoyed a delicious evening meal in the Berber tent on the roof; all very luxurious. Our room, normally a double was easily split into two singles and we had a very comfortable stay, always given the lovely mint tea, stuffed with mint leaves in a glass whenever we wanted it. It is a great place to relax in the heat of the day and so near all the places of interest you would want to visit, including a great restaurant called Tagine.

Samir arranged for us a driver to take us to the coast for the day and a guide to the souks for another half day. When we travelled to the Atlas mountains for a day he even checked up part way through the day with our driver to ensure we were OK and enjoying it! Couldn't have asked for more. Highly recommend staying in this lovely small riad whilst in Marrakech.

Room Tip: Whichever room you will hear the early morning call to prayer and it all adds to the atmosphere of b...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Diana W
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Dar Anika regarding a birthday arranged by the travel agency " Travel and Learn". The hotel, the manger, the staff and the food was top of the range. You could fell a precence of warm hospitality all the time. Some hotels can feel like a well designed concept. Riad Dar Anika was all genuine and as a guest we felt like a part of warm famlily.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hjalmar O
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Great place to stay. Very cosy and comfortable with interesting Moroccan decor .. Stylish rooms. We had a big bathroom as well. Breakfast was great- loved the Moroccan bread with fresh orange juice! Owner and the pple who run the place are very nice and genuine, always helpful. Very close to the medina- a 5-7 minute walk away. Will definitely stay there again if I ever go back to morocco.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Vidj
San Leandro, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

My wife (who is 6 months pregnant) and I stayed at Riad Dar Anika for 4 nights. Our stay was excellent and the owner Samir and his brother, own a top notch operation.

The Riad is superbly located--only a few minutes walk to Jemma El Fna and just a few minutes the other direction to many of the sights (Bahia palace, Saadian tombs, Dar Si Said). So it was nice to see one thing, come back to the riad to rest and then head out again.

The Riad itself is beautifully done--very elegant and holding true to the definition of a Riad--it has water (a plunge pool), greenery, and an open roof which lets in lots of sun. Even though the riad is right in the heart of the medina, it is very quiet and once entering in through the door, it is tranquil and relaxing. My wife and I slept very well and we're pretty light sleepers.

The room is tastefully decorated and beds were comfortable. The common areas (lounge, sitting room, terrace) are nicely done as well, and allows one to relax, but not feel confined to being in your room.

Wifi worked well and was nice to be able to stay connected. No TV was a good idea, as it kept noise level down.

The thing that impressed us the most was the staff. They were all extremely polite and attentive, always asking if we needed anything. The staff all spoke English very well and communication (for non Arabic speakers) was easy.

My wife was ill with a stomach bug (which ironically, she contracted in Spain, before we even arrived in Morocco) the first day. Samir and his assistants made sure she was taken care of and provided some nice soup that she was able to eat when she was too fatigued to go out to get something to eat. It was a really nice touch and genuine, not something they did expecting to get money or tips.

Overall, I couldn't find any faults with Riad Dar Anika. I've travelled to nearly 70 countries and stayed in all types of lodgings from 5* hotels, to pensions and hostels. This place is well worth the price you pay and I highly recommend it.

By the way, I don't typically write reviews on places, unless I had a bad experience, but in this case I felt it was worth my time to share my experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite 2, the largest in the Riad
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kayexalate
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed at this Riad with my wife in December 2011 and was very impressed at all levels. The room was lovely, the communal areas very well done with a lovely log fire to warm the evening. The food was great, not too expensive and most impressive of all was the staff. Very helpful indeed. The location is ideal for the Medina and local shops. I will definitely visit again.

Matthew Tingle.