“The excitement of Marrakesh is so close ... yet so far away”
Review of Riad Dar Attajmil

and 1 more site!
Riad Dar Attajmil
Ranked #19 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The riad is located minutes from Djemaa El Fna, but once inside the gates you are in a peaceful haven. The beautiful building features a central courtyard, around which the rooms are located. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable. There are also many places around the riad where you can sit, relax or read a book - including the terrace with great views over the Marrakesh skyline. The staff are friendly, helpful and attentive. I had a cooking lesson at the riad which was fabulous. We visited the market in the morning, then came back to the riad to prepare the dishes. My husband was able to join us for lunch when we all ate the banquet we'd prepared under our teacher's watchful eye. If you come by taxi, be prepared for the driver to not be able to take you to the door as cars are not permitted past Bab Laksour. Check with the staff about transfers when booking.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Riad Dar Attajmil

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have just booked rooms at Dar Attajmil for the Biennale next spring and can hardly wait to go back. The breakfast on the roof terrace is out of this world. Simple, delicious, fresh and served by the consistently charming, helpful and delightful staff who never stop smiling. I have stayed here many times now and would choose nowhere else. It is small and cosy and very well located for the souk.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2013

A week ago I spent a long weekend in Marrakech and stayed at Dar Attajmil. The riad is lovely, cozy and beautiful, and feels like an oasis of calm and comfort in the medina. The rooms are very clean, my bed was really, really comfortable, the bathroom was spotless and had beautiful fixtures, and the shower had better water pressure than does my shower at home. Best of all is the staff. They never failed to be exceptionally helpful and are great fun to talk with. I took a 5:00AM train out of Marrakech; one of the staff insisted on driving my friend and me to the station. The cook is great, really. The riad is just across the street from an excellent contemporary Moroccan restaurant called Gastro MK. My meal there was splendid, but I have to say that Dar Attajmil's cook prepared more traditional meals that were just as good. I also took a cooking class in the riad's kitchen, which was a wonderful experience I would recommend strongly to anyone. On the basis of other reviews I've read of Dar Attajmil, it seems that many other people enjoyed great experiences there just as I did. One thing I have not seen anyone else mention, however, is the benefit of the riad's location. It's located near the edge of the medina, only a two or three minute walk from the road. Arriving in the middle of the night, after a long day of train travel to get to Marrakech, I was very happy not to have to walk 10 or 15 minutes to get to my bed. And on a clear day one can see the Atlas mountains from the roof. I would recommend this place to my closest friends in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mlucht
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here after hiking a week in the High Atlas. This is a perfect hotel to relax and to let yourself be pampered. The staff is really friendly and helpfull. The rooms are beautifully decorated and peaceful, with a big bathroom and a good shower. In the morning you have your breakfast on the terrace in the sun. They have a small hammam which is really enjoyable and they have a perfect masseuse. Last but definitely not least, I can recommend having dinner at the hotel whilst you're staying there. For 20 euro per person they will make you a lovely 3 course dinner with fresh vegetables, tender meat and a really nice dessert. They also have good wines to accompany your food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a wonderful way to learn about Moroccan culture and cuisine!
The 4 hour cooking class was amazing! After choosing our menu from a slew of recipes, our wonderful teacher took us to the market for locals, and we bought fresh ingredients and spices. We also made a visit to the neighbourhood baker where people can bring bread dough for him to bake.
The class is for beginners and seasoned chefs. It was very hands on and we totally enjoyed cutting, dicing and kneading bread with our teacher and the Dar Attajmil cook. We made 4 salads and r'fissa (chicken with flat cakes).
Our feast was served on the rooftop terrace, and we brought the leftovers back to our lodgings to eat at a later time. We were also given a great recipe book to recreate the dishes at home.

It was not necessary to stay at the riad, but we did book the class before we left on our trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Laughs_55
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed 2 nights, and it made our stay very enjoyable.
Perfectly situated, makes you relax and forget the tough Medina/Souks environment.
The service is very good
The rooms are spacious very clean and well decorated.
If you choose to stay in the Medina, it's clearly one of the best.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've lost count how many times we've stayed here, but it's always great. We've stayed at other riads in Marrakech, but none beat Dar Attajmil for decor, location, the friendliness and helpfulness of the owner and staff. The cost of rooms as compared with other Marrakech riads is very reasonable as well. We dined in at the riad one night and had an excellent meal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business