What a wonderful way to learn about Moroccan culture and cuisine!
The 4 hour cooking class was amazing! After choosing our menu from a slew of recipes, our wonderful teacher took us to the market for locals, and we bought fresh ingredients and spices. We also made a visit to the neighbourhood baker where people can bring bread dough for him to bake.
The class is for beginners and seasoned chefs. It was very hands on and we totally enjoyed cutting, dicing and kneading bread with our teacher and the Dar Attajmil cook. We made 4 salads and r'fissa (chicken with flat cakes).
Our feast was served on the rooftop terrace, and we brought the leftovers back to our lodgings to eat at a later time. We were also given a great recipe book to recreate the dishes at home.
It was not necessary to stay at the riad, but we did book the class before we left on our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Riad right in the heart of old Marrakech. 4 rooms only and a large garden terrace with hammam. Excellent location, central, safe and easy access. Cosy feel and special mentions for the way it's cared for and the surprising cuisine. Last, but not least, the excellent price for what it has to offer. The riad offers an interesting cooking experience with its chef, with shopping in the old food market of Bab Doukkala. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Dar Attajmil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Attajmil Marrakech
- Riad Dar Attajmil Hotel Marrakech