Our already high expectations of Dar Attajmil were definitely exceeded.
The recommendation in Alastair Sawday's book on places to stay in Morocco certainly gave a good idea of what to expect (as well as very pleasant correspondence beforehand with Lucrezia, the owner - unfortunately absent abroad at the time we visited but seamlessly represented in her absence by the wonderful Ibrahim and his excellent team) but what we found was a delight.
The morning would start with a hunt for the two tortoises wandering around the downstairs courtyards (also full of trees and beatiful plants - which were very pleasant to read and drink mint tea under whilst sheltering from the heat of the day) before then heading upstairs for breakfast on the wonderful roof terrace with excellent views of the surrounding rooftops, the Koutoubia minaret as well as the far off mountains. An evening drink and dinner on the same terrace was also equally pleasant. A haven of peace and tranquility from the bustling Medina alleyways outside. 2 nights there were all too short.
The only slightly (very slightly) negative comment was that we slept in a suite on the ground floor with a limited number of windows - we were travelling as a group of three and saving money - next time we would probably try to get a room or two higher up. That said, the suite was beautifully furnished and very spacious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Riad right in the heart of old Marrakech. 4 rooms only and a large garden terrace with hammam. Excellent location, central, safe and easy access. Cosy feel and special mentions for the way it's cared for and the surprising cuisine. Last, but not least, the excellent price for what it has to offer. The riad offers an interesting cooking experience with its chef, with shopping in the old food market of Bab Doukkala. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Dar Attajmil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Attajmil Marrakech
- Riad Dar Attajmil Hotel Marrakech