This was our first trip to Marrakech and this was the perfect place to base ourselves. From the welcoming cup of mint tea to the organising of the taxi for our trip to the Mountains, this Riad provided for our every need.
Its location is perfect, right in the heart of the Medieval Medina, less than 5 minutes from the main square and souks. When it all got a bit too much you are able to retreat behind an almost hidden large wooden door into a banana tree filled oasis of calm. The relative smallness of this Riad gives an intimacy that absorbs you in, filling you with such peace.
We ate at the Riad for our first night and were blown away by the flavours (and the size) of the meal. Delicious Moroccan salads followed by a traditional tagine and then dessert.
Hassan, who welcomed us at the edge of the Madina (taxis are unable to get to the Riad) and escorted us through the maze of streets (actually only about 400m but felt a world away) waited on us for the rest of the stay, ensuring that we were perfectly looked after.
The breakfasts were served on the roof with a view of the main Koutoubia mineret and were big enough to set us up for the whole day (although it is near impossible not to graze on nuts and olives as you go around the souks).
Our room was well appointed with an excellent shower room, the only interruption was the morning Adhan that reminded us that we had some more sleep to do!
We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to any who ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming traditional riad in the heart of old Marrakech. 4 rooms only and a large garden terrace with hammam. Excellent location: central, safe and easy access. Cosy feel and special mentions for the way it's cared for and the surprising cuisine. Last, but not least, the excellent price for what it has to offer. The riad offers an interesting cooking experience with its chef, with shopping in the old food market of Bab Doukkala. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Riad Dar Attajmil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Attajmil Marrakech
- Riad Dar Attajmil Hotel Marrakech