I actually visited this hotel back in June with my mother, sister and three year old niece but thought I'd still review it as it may prove useful for anybody thinking if staying here. So here is a list of positives and negatives:
- Overall, fairly decent looking hotel upon arrival. Has a welcome lounge, and internet lounge (which is the best place to get free wifi as I could not access it in my room and was relaxing with good air-con), a small but clean pool area and a lovely garden (which was particular nice to walk around with my 3 year old niece).
- Check-in and out was easy and fairly quick
- Stayed in a bungalow, which was nice and gave easy access to the garden and pool area. It was nice to have your own contained space. The bungalows have two sleeping areas (a double bed upstairs and sofa beds downstairs), two bathrooms, two tv's and air con. Cleaners came everyday.
- The location of the hotel was so so. It seems that the more space there is in and round the hotel, the further away you are from the city center and main square. Therefore, it seems that most hotels end up being a 20-30 minute walk to the main square and 15 minutes to the New Town, where you can find shops and restaurants. But nevertheless, we found our way to the sites and the tourist hop on & off bus stops around the corner.
- Despite sending a message that we would be arriving to the hotel late, when trying to go to the restaurant for food (as we were half board), we were turned away, told they were closing and that we had to buy food if we wanted it, despite the fact that we had in essence already paid for dinner. Other hotels I have stayed at in the past at least put a packed snack away but not here. Was not impressed, especially as they did not feel anything in regards to at least giving my three year old nephew something to eat (and we could see the food right there!)
- The point above somewhat sums up the majority of the staff here who sometimes put a smile on their face sometimes but overall, were not really bothered. And this was the case when we complained about something concerning our room. We had to report the same thing 2-3 times before anything got done
- Bungalow: Although we certainly appreciated the bungalow in comparison to the standard rooms we viewed, there were three issues. The first is the amount of ants that are on the floor and this is what we complained to reception staff about so we could get some ant power put down. Now, yes, I accept we were situated in a garden so maybe this is bound to happen. But if staff know this happens, then they should at least make an attempt to put ant powder down so bungalows are not over-run with ants.
Secondly, the upstairs air-con was very poor, which again warranted a complaint to reception, who took their time in getting somebody to fix it. After it was fixed, it seemed to operate exactly the same so this was disappointing and not nice in the hot weather.
And finally, and most importantly, please be warned that the two downstairs sofa bed are as narrow as seem in pictures.....they do not open up and expand. So for me and my mum who are around 5'3, it would just about do. But if you were taller or bigger (especially for a man or teenager), you will probably find these sofa beds too small. Look up the pictures of the downstairs of the bungalow and understand that what you see (the sofas) is the sofa bed in width and length. I think this is definitely misleading to visitors here and unless you are travelling with children to sleep downstairs, you may have a problem.
- Also, unlike what the website says, there is no children's play area....just the gardens and the pool.
- Repetitive food for both breakfast and dinner (Eat out for more variety)
So overall, this hotel had its positives and negatives. I'm not sure if I would stay here again. The garden's are good if you just want to lounge and enjoy the greenery. And my niece did enjoy playing outside so that was a plus. And I did like the bungalow concept for families. But this is a very standard hotel with not much customer service so I would explore other places to stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Tulip Farah Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Farah Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- Golden Tulip Marrakech
- Hotel Farah
- Marrakech Golden Tulip