We stayed here as part of an excursion package that took us all over Morocco, both at the beginning and end of our trip. I chose not to upgrade to ta bungalow because we were not planing to spend much time in our room. This vacation was all about getting a true Moroccan immersion. We literally slept and showered here, and that was it, so for the price, it was perfect. Clean, simple and relaxing.
We did have a few meals and they were OK, definitely made to be mild for tourists, which was a turn off for me. We ventured out into Marrakesh for most of our meals. The front counter gave us some excellent places to go that were highly regarded by locals.
A few tips:
- When the front counter recommends a place for you to go, also ask them how much the taxi should be, because they will try to overcharge you. Most tourists don't know any better and will pay up to 300 X what you should be.
- Same with leaving a restaurant, ask them to call you a taxi and what the price should be.
- Other than in the market, it is not a good idea to walk around at night.
- Learn some Moroccan Arabic, the people will be amused and grateful and are more likely to be friendly and give you a fair price. I was able to have so many wonderful conversations and really learn about the people and culture and I don't think that would have been possible if I wasn't trying to communicate and open up first.
- If you are looking for a spa or relaxing vacation spot, you are in the wrong country.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Prestigia and Priceline so you can book your Golden Tulip Farah Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Farah Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- Golden Tulip Marrakech
- Hotel Farah
- Marrakech Golden Tulip