“Better than I expected!!!”
Review of Mogador Opera

Mogador Opera
Ranked #313 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed December 24, 2013

When i went to Morocco it happened around the summer time. However, I never got the chance to write a review for the staff and what I thought of the hotel. I arrived just before it was getting dark and I could already in hail the smell of the Mediterranean air. Even though it was not that late I was looking forward to jumping in my bed and falling asleep. When I walked in I was amazed and gobsmacked by the lobby. The man at the door gave me a warm Moroccan welcome. In the middle of the lobby was a shining tall chandelier that was amazing. I checked in and the man at the desk was very warm welcoming and made me feel at home. The worker took us to our rooms and all I could say was that it was like paradise. The room was very clean and air conditioned. The maid was helpful and offered us some more shampoo and shower gel. Once I got into bed it was like sleeping on a cushion of air. Comfortable and warm was all I could say. I went downstairs early for breakfast and that's where It got disappointing. The breakfast wasn't all that but to some residents it was fine. There wasn't much to offer and choose from but as always the staff were very helpful. Now it was time to relax and the indoor spa was beautiful and relaxing. The indoor swimming pool was quiet and peaceful. They also have an outdoor one which was cool and freezing. In the evening the staff recommended and told places to go and what to see which was very helpful considering you hardly know anyone in this fine Mediterranean country. After a week of paradise it was time to go home. The staff were really helpful and I would definable recommend the Ryad Mogador hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you go for the middle floor that's where the bigger balcony is.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank IbbyDynamo

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I booked on expedia for 7 night. The hotel was probably nice when it was build 20 years ago but hasn't had the necessary refurbishment and update needed. I guess for this price you can't ask for much / they can't ask you to pay more for this hotel.
I had booked this one because of the inside swimming pool, but in the end you have to pay £40/ time to access it! That wasn't said in the description.
I had to ask 5 time for a baby cot before they bring it but this is the marrachi way.
We slept there 1 night and move to another hotel. Royal mirage deluxe: great 5stars hotel.
Expedia refunded the 6other nights with no problem

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed in Sept 2013 requested a balcony room overlooking the pool and was able to pick up wifi from our room. We found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful and most of the time had the pool all to ourselves.
I would rate this hotel a three star as a lot of the corridor areas were worn and needed updating. Our room was good with a fridge, tv and large bed. The hotel is in a quiet location just along from the station with plenty of food/cafe options on the doorstep. The cafe outside attached to the hotel was excellent.
It was about a 25 min walk into the souks or grab a horse and carriage ride for a change. For the price we paid we couldn't complain so if you want a bargain break away this is a good option.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool to pick up wifi in your room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachaeleddie
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel on mini holiday witfh my boyfriend. Room was spacious, beautiful with marble floors and bathroom, clean and had amazing view over the city from our French balcony. Night time it was a bit cold, as in December, but blankets were warm.
We had half board breakfast being good and big enough. Dinner was slightly repetitive but food was still good and fresh.
When entering the hotel we got impressed of the huge, five floors high chandelier in the middle of the lobby where stair case has opening up to the fifth floor.
Location was good, hop in-hop off tourist bus stop just outside the hotel and just about 10 minutes drive from the main square and Menara gardens full of olive trees just close by. There is also a big super market about 10 minutes walk away if you want to skip souk markets and buy spices and tea without haggling of the price. And a pharmacy half-way to the super market if you get a cold as we did on the last day of our visit.

Room Tip: Try to get room on the higher floors on the opera house side for a nice view over the city.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We spent two nights here prior to travelling to the south-east of Morocco and the Sahara, so it was convenient. It is quite close to the airport and close enough to visit the city centre, but we would stay nearer the centre and at a better quality hotel if visiting for longer. Our room was large and quite comfortable, although we overlooked the main street. Yes, it was noisy, but it did allow us to watch people come and go about their business; good double-glazing prevented noise at night. Service was rather perfunctory, some being helpful, but most seemed rather bored with the whole process of running a hotel. We did eat at the hotel - a mistake. The restaurant was a large, bleak room with a buffet. Cold starters were indifferent, apart from a lovely aubergine dish, and the main courses overcooked and tough, having sat around for rather too long. Very sweet puddings were interesting. Breakfast was a disaster area - boring cereals, processed meats, strange-looking scrambled eggs and hard-boiled eggs. Even the coffee was not very nice. We made no use of the limited facilities. It was OK for a short time, but we would not stay there again.

Room Tip: If you must stay, get a room overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were greeted warmly and shown to a comfortable room. The air conditioning was off and even after 2 days the room never became cool even though the control was set as low as it would go. This made sleeping difficult. We got massages in the spa and they were well done and reasonably priced. The dinner meal that was part of the package was disappointing. Had heard about the explosion of taste in Moroccan food but this was boring and seemed to have been "westernized" for tour groups. Also had to pay extra for water with the meal. Breakfast was a little better with a good selection of pastry and juices.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Personally if you are in Marrakech you should try to find a traditional Ryad in the city centre but not this kind of "tourist" international hotel in fact....

If you really want a top class hotel this is not for you choose rather the Plaza next door which is real 4 star hotel....

Mogador opera hotel breakfast is really poor, building is only nice at the pool or in the lobby but not really in the rooms....if you check the "finitions" on walls and plumbing you will be very disappointed....TV is no flat screen and there is mist on the screen for all channels....

Towels are clean and numerous, room is clean but if you dig into details this is NO 3 star hotel....I did not eat there and went to Djemaa el Fnaa square where it is touristic but also typical...check tables were moroccan eat and you will not be disappointed, try the snails in pepper soup too....

Room Tip: I had room 105 spacious but not the best I think although I did not see the other rooms.....Would no...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo