All reviewshotel situatedneeds updatingbasic amenitiesroom facinggood sizebig poolcomfortable hotelbusy roadbreakfast and dinnermint teafatimamarakesh
Reviewed March 19, 2010

great hotel, good location if you don't want to be right in the souks and perfectly central for all of Marrakech's attractions - the tourist bus even stops just outside. Lots of nice restaurants close by and hotel breakfast was good too. Rooms lovely, lovely size and large beds. Would defiantly recommend for a short break or longer beach holiday!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2009

When I was making my vacation plans for Marrakech I wasn’t sure whether to stay in the Medina or the new town. I ended up making a reservation at a Riad in the Medina which had outstanding reviews. My stay at the Riad in the Medina lasted less than 24 hours as I was disgusted with the location and the lack of basic amenities. I chose the Mogador Menara because of the great location and facilities. Overall I would recommend this hotel for several reasons. 1) Great Location – easy to go to the medina or the new shopping areas. 2) Great Value – We paid $135 per night and got a large comfortable room, the price included breakfast and dinner. 3) Felt Safe – One of the main reasons I left the Riad where I initially booked was that I did not feel safe in the immediate neighborhood where it was located. The Medina is very large and for the most part I felt safe in most areas. There are many other parts of the Medina that are “off the beaten path” and leave lots to be desired. The Mogador has security and is located in a very developed and secure location. If you decide to stay at this hotel I would recommend looking at the room before you “check-in”. The first room I was given had dirty tile grout, scrapped walls, water was leaking from the a/c fan and the room was musty. I complained and was given a room that did not have any of these issues. Overall the room I stayed in was average to above average. This hotel is certainly not a five star hotel (based on US standards) I would say this hotel is comparable to an average Crowne Plaza back in the States. Some of the things I didn’t like are: 1) Business Center was closed during the stay due to lack of connectivity – I had to use the business center at the Hotel Atlas Medina which is a 5 minute walk (and I had to pay to use the internet) 2) Spa Facilities – Had a massage which left a lot to be desired – the masseur was average and the room I received the massage in had a louvered door…I could hear the staff talking and walking back and forth. 3) No alcoholic beverages served.
Overall my dislikes are compensated by the price and inclusive breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed: December 2009
2  Thank AlexRosell
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This hotel is very good value foe relaxing, soaking the sun and chilling out. Staff are great, buffet breakfast is nice maybe not 5* standard. The swimming pool is not heated so was freezing when we went, hence nobody went in and just sunbathed around it. Anyway, for the money I think this place is great. Location is not too bad and you can even walk to Jamaa el fnaa in 20 mins. Do as we did sunbathe during the day and go out at night when it is cooler for shopping. Other 5* hotels are considerably more but then would ensure you have heated pool etc. Hence value for money I give it thumbs up.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank RajaStyle
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Stayed in this hotel last week of April 2009 with daugher of 24.
Location is good. Nice walk to the center.
Ask for a room with view on swimming pool.
Room was well equipped and large. Mattresses very hard.
During our stay of 1 week: not once the floor was cleaned and it was obvious that floor of the terrace hadn't been cleaned for weeks.
Towels: old and very rough.
Meals in the restaurant: very poor choice.
Dinner: almost everyday the same and food of the warm buffet was always cold.
There was always a cat running in the restaurant which isn't hygienic at all.
Nice swimming pool.
Personnel at reception could be a little more friendly. Personnel in restaurant was very friendly and helpful.
For the location you can quote it a 4* - for the service, hardly a 3*.
Please keep in mind that this is a complete alcohol-free hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I must say that i love Marrakech , our reservation was to riad mogador opera, but wend we arrived there ,they had overbooking ..so they sent us to this hotel riad mogador menara , at 1º we had a room with no bathtub, we went back to the front desk to complaine , and they gave us another room .. nice and clean , for Marrakech i thik is very good ... the breakfast was nice also ... we have a pleasent stay ... the Spa was excelente, must try the massages and treatments, very good price !

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple