Dar Silsila
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
Riad Hasna Espi(Marrakech)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe main squareyogurttucked awaybeautiful riadjemaa elold cityterracehammamsoukstaxicandlescasablancamaproof
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2009

We have just come back from 5 wonderful days in Marrakech a part of our honeymoon. We enjoyed every second of our stay, the Riad is beautiful, our room was gorgeous. The staff, Mohammed and the girls, were unbelievable, nothing was ever too much to ask, we have stayed in 5 star luxury hotels around the world, yet the way we were treated matched anyone of them, if not bettered them. We cant wait to go back!

1  Thank skystrips
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Dal silsila was exactly as it was billed, cool calm and comfortable with charm and character making it a fabulous place to stay, and even better with the level of service provided. Jean Patrick went out of his way personally to ensure we had a very special hoiday experience on our first romantic break away as a new couple!
Being met by a curtious local driver, we were dropped off in the medina (old town) and led through the bustling streets to arrive in to the cool court yard, to mint tea and delicious home maid biscuits, which were a welcome treat after an early morning and hours of travelling!

Jean Patrick provided a great welcome, even when he was slightly under the weather himself. He was on hand throughout the duration of our stay, even bringing extra bread on to the terrace for breakfast! He gave great recommendations of how to make the most of our 5 day stay there..

We loved returning to a friendly face of one of the staff at the end of a hectic day in the square and souks and were overjoyed at the cool drinks brought up to the terrace when relaxing in the evening sunshine.

When we returned from dinner, our room was always made up with a sepcial surprise including red roses on our pillows!! It was like we were staying in a special honey moon suite!

All in all, we would highly recommend Dar Silsila as a fantastic place to stay, that made Marrakech even more enjoyable and the personal touches made it even more special.....

1  Thank WestLondonLydia
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Lovely place with very welcoming staff and faultless service. Hidden down a narrow alley - as are most of the small riads in the city - but relatively easy to locate and very conveniently situated a few minutes walk from the main square and with all the main sights of the Medina within easy walking distance. Breakfasts limited in choice but very good quality and served on the roof terrace. Evening meals provided when ordered in advance and well worth having - we only had one during our stay, as we like to try different places, but it was easily the best. If you're used to big hotels where everything is predictable and you are anonymous amidst all the other guests, then Dar Silsila might not be for you. But it has real charm and style and does what it does as well as anyone could. Thankyou Mohamed, Jean Patrick and all the team for helping to make our stay in Marrakech so enjoyable.

1  Thank Steve-G23
Reviewed April 5, 2009

I spent 5 glorious days at Riad Dar Silsila to celebrate my mothers 60th Birthday. We wanted a special, memorable holiday and the staff at the Riad made sure that was what we recieved. Thank you so much to Fouad and and the rest of the staff for looking after all of us so well and ensuring that my mother and the rest of our party had a great holiday. I have no doubt that we'll be back again soon - you were all great!

A Beautiful setting with wonderfully friendly and attentive staff - thank you.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunny78Sussex
Reviewed April 3, 2009

We had a great stay marred only by the fact that we were quoted one price via email whilst still at home and told that only cash was accepted. With that in mind, I brought the exact cash and paid the bill on the first day. Or so I thought.... a day before we left I asked for a bill to cover the dinner and ham mam and was given this bill with more room charges on it. When I showed them the email ( fortunately I had brought a copy of it), I was told that was their mistake and that bill was not correct. The problem was twofold: there was no apology and they take only cash which put us in quite a bind. Fortunately, we managed because we were going back home and sacrificed on some shopping but it could be a big problem if this is only one of your stops in a vacation.
Also, the reason for our visit to Morocco was to celebrate my daughter's birthday and I thought a little something could have been done to make her feel special. Instead, calls from grandparents could not be received because there are no telephones in the rooms and I was bothered by the fact that we were asked to keep our voices low ( 9am!!) as we took pictures of the birthday girl in the courtyard because some guest at some point of time had written here that the hotel could be quite noisy. I thought that was very inconsiderate to the present guests.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MountainsDenver
silsila, owner at Dar Silsila, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2009

Firstly, I am delighted that this reviewer stated they had a great stay!

Now let me respond to some of their other comments.
These guests requested an extra bed in their room which I quoted for so they knew the full price. Later, my assistant sent an e/mail which did not include the extra bed price, yes, a small mistake on my part which I am sure the guests would have noticed. In reality they knew the correct price!.

As a small guesthouse we do not have phones in the rooms. When these guests’ Grandparent telephoned the house it was very early hours of the morning and the guests were asleep. I offered them to use the house phone to call their Grandparent back for free, but they declined saying it was not a problem and they are happy to just e/mail him……

As a small guesthouse in an old Riad, noise does amplify a lot and in the past some guests have mentioned this. Therefore, I did ask, in a very light hearted manner that they do not make so much noise. This was at 8.15 am and not 9am as this guest has said. At dar Silsila we have to take many things into consideration and noise is one of them so as not to disturb sleeping guests particularly at an early hour.

In conclusion, as is our way at Dar Silsila, I gave these guests a complimentary transfer back to the airport. Something they chose not to mention.