See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 8, 2013

wonderful,property,BUT the present management are trying to run it too cheaply,ie only two out of six lights per chandelier working is not good management,nasty orange juice for breakfast when. marrakech has so many fresh oranges available. Staff all charming but quite untrained. Overall it needs better direction and management and an accurate hand drawn map would be of great value.
We enjoyed it very much but could not reccomend it to,others.

Room Tip: Tip-- you need to hand in your key each day to receive service ,no one tells you this
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel then forget this Riad, but if you are looking for a traditional Morrocan guest house ideally situated 10 minutes from the souk and 20 minutes from the main square with fantastic hostess in Fatima and most helpful staff who can't do enough for you then great
The rooms are very basic subdued lighting big bed great shower that's about it
The breakfast is very basic but enjoyable the menu for the rest is limited but delicious
If you are looking for an oasis in the midst of the chaos this is the place to stay
for a true morocco experience
They also serve lager and wine which not all riads do

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geoffrey H
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had to book a 'superior' room as no others were available yet my friend was offered three rooms before she was happy! Having been told that my room was no different to their standard ones i was moved to another 'superior room;: no towels or toilet paper for the first night, just sheets and plain cover throughout. The room smelt terrible though they rectified this the following day... TV didn't work and faulty shower hose meant that water sprayed more from the head base than the shower head!! Air con stopped working and the corner of the glass table was broken. No coat hanger.... Then no towels again on the third day...I was charged 800Dh more than my friends whose rooms were of similar quality to mine. Having said that Fatima and her family were very helpful and accommodating in other ways. I strongly advise that you only book a standard room and you will be happy.

Room Tip: Do not book a superior room, the standard ones are fine (but past their best)...and tell Fatima if you still have problems. All rooms are up a flight of stairs and the only way you get to see views of the Atlas mountains from the roof terrace is if you climb on a chair!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We booked this Riad for six people, location excellent , but Riad very dated and rooms very basic.
Not suitable for disabled as lots of steps. Breakfast basic, bread, jam, marmalade,boiled eggs once a week.
We hoped we could sit and sunbath on the roof top terrace, but the sun beds were dirty some broken .

The staff where lovely and would do anything for you,Abdul our rep was helpfully and very helpful also Hamid gave us some good advice regarding the local tax which Fatima told we had to pay before we left, this information was wrong , so please check with your rep regarding these taxes.

We did have a lovely week despite most of the party suffering with a tummy bug.found some lovely restaurants with roof top seating. We really wished we had booked a Riad with a swimming pool which I think you need due to the heat.

Room Tip: The three rooms we had very very poor standard
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Riad Amssaffah was the ideal place to stay. When we arrived outside we were dubious of the choice we had made but once inside we were pleasantly surprised with the grand size of the Riad. We were welcomed warmly served local mint tea and biscuits. We had asked the Riad staff to organise the transfer and was arranged without any hassle.

The decor of the Riad was traditional Morrocon and very beautiful indeed. Plenty of space for communal use, again tastefully decorated. We booked a standard room for a family of three and there was ample room. The room was large enough to accommodate us all. The main bed was very large and comfortable as was the smaller single. We were provided with all the amenities you would expect in top class hotel.

The whole staff team were very helpful and friendly and available 24 hours a day. As previous reviews have stated Fatima the head of reception was fantastic and so warm and friendly. She was full of local knowledge, gave us tips on where to go, what there is to see and do and organised excursions for us at a great price.

Unfortunately I got ill whilst I was out there and Fatima and her staff went out of their way to get me medication and look after me, this made the illness a little bearable.

Our trip was what it was because of where we stayed and the central location. If I go back to morocco I would not consider staying anywhere else. I can not rate this place enough, fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family