“A lovely and peaceful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riad Bahja

Riad Bahja
Ranked #224 of 495 Hotels in Marrakech
New York City, New York
“A lovely and peaceful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I just came back last week from my stay in Riad Bahja. It was a fantastic 5 days stay! The owner is calm, attentive and helpful. The breakfast is abundant and delicious and my room was spacious and confortable ! The ambience at the Riad is relaxed but every detail is managed with care and finesse, I will definitely like to conduct back!

• Stayed May 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

My recent stay here was was just lovely. Always such a surprise when entering through an amazing wooden door into the courtyard of a riad and this one was lovely. Rafik is a kind host who offers his help with whatever you need. Our room was wonderful, fresh rose petals scattered around.
Location was great too.
Would so love to return and would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2014
Lucca, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

The place is very nice, it's not in the middle of the mess but it is quite near to the medina and to square Jamaa El Fna.
The place itself is very tipical, being a Riad it has got floors with different temperatures and different rooms, the one on the roof is nice and discreet.
But the best part is undoubtedly the owner which has been very kind and caring without being pushy at all. We had many teas and chats with him. Also the lady that takes care of the rooms is very nice.

Room Tip: The room on the roof is very nice
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here in March and really enjoyed it. The place is beautiful and the owner was great - really friendly & gave us good advice on where we should visit. Location great - walking distance from the centre.
Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank CheshCheese
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is a wonderful Riad and when I return to Marrakech, I plan to stay again. The Riad was beautiful, the service impeccable, and the breakfast sumptuous!! Mr. Rafik, the owner of the Riad, explained to us that the building was previously a home and he decided to maintain its original structure in favor of building more rooms, which is particularly great if you are a traveler that seeks a tranquil getaway. Mr. Rafik oversaw the decoration of the Riad and his excellent taste is obvious as there are beautiful berber rugs, silk and velvet ikat pillows abound. The most important aspect of the Riad is the staff, particularly Mr. Rafik himself. Arriving late, Mr. Rafik ensured that a car was waiting for us a the train station. The car dropped off us as close to the Riad as possible, and Mr. Rafik met us to lead us to the Riad. We were starving as we didn't get to eat on the train. Realizing we were too tired to go searching for a place within the medina and being women he didn't not want us to go wandering about late at night, he offered to pick up some food for us from a nearby take out restaurant! Another story I would love to share - after telling Mr. Rafik about my recent rug purchase in Fes and showing him a picture of my purchase, he said it was a beautiful rug and that I had good taste. I told him how much I paid, and he politely said nothing, which told me that I likely paid too much, despite serious bargaining. After telling him that I loved the carpets in his Riad, he offered to take time out of his busy schedule to take us to as an antique berber rug dealer that he, himself, also frequents, as he is a buyer for his brother's shop in NYC (A place I also happened to shop for pillows once before!). I spent on four rugs what I spent on just the one rug that I purchased days before in Fes! And the quality of the rugs are fabulous! I believe I made a great choice not only in hotel choice, but also in trust - Mr. Rafik cares about the comfort of his customers and wants to make sure people walk away with a wonderful feeling for Morocco, it's people and culture. If you decide to come to Marrakech, do yourself a favor and choose Riad Bahja!

Room Tip: Chose the large suite if you can!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We got a car to take us from airport and it stopped in a street and a porter then loaded our suitcases into a kart and we went down some streets until we to the Riad as you can not take cars there. This is a outstanding place to stay it is very central so one you get your bearings you can walk to most places it is strange coming back at night as the locals are still doing there shopping and the smells ,fish and chickens are odd but that what makes this place a great place to stay. The owner Rafik is so helpful speaks good English and helps book restaurants and taxis if you require the breakfast of fresh orange juice and pastries is super and there are lots of them the room on the ground floor is large and very clean we could not ask for a nicer place to stay and if we do come back would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wetzlar, Hessen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We've been there in March, half a year ago. It was marvellous, nothing, really nothing to complain about. Rafik, the host, is a very cooperatively and friendly person. By the way, he helped us out due to a difficult affair concerning bank cards. He also organized nice trips for us.

The whole atmposphere and archtitecture was amazing, excellent food included. To say like Arnold Schwarzenegger: "I'll be back!"

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple