“Friendly Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #904 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Friendly Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Although the hotel was difficult to find even by the local taxi driver it was well worth the wait. I phoned the hotel, spoke to Rashid to say that the taxi driver could not find the hotel, the hotel actually sent one of the staff to find us!! Hotel staff were very friendly, they were always on hand to provide anything you wished for, the staff makes this hotel. The Riad is small with only 5 or 6 rooms, rooms are clean and well looked after, breakfast was excellent, served promptly by Hakeem, and all was freshly made. The entrance to the hotel is a little daunting as it is down an alley way which does not look too inviting but once you know your away around it is not a problem. There is a guard on at night and he actually escorted us back to the hotel each evening. The Riad is a few minutes away from the main square so is in an ideal location for the city/souks and sight seeing. A big thank you to Rashid & Hakeem. We ate in the main square all the food was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Betty M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Makiivka, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Some time ago my family and I came to your town on vacation and stayed at your hotel. We want to express to you our gratitude for your warm welcome and good service. Our children were very happy and satisfied your Hotel. My husband and I also had a great time and got a lot of positive emotions. Thank you once again for the wonderful time we spent with you. Your staff were so kind to me, I do not know how to thank you. My family really enjoyed your hotel. I will recommend your hotel to my friends. My kids told me that your hotel is the best on planet earth.We want to express to you my gratitude for your warm welcome and good service.Thank you once again for the wonderful time we spent with you. I will recommend your hotel to my friends. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at this beautiful riad. I had been a little concerned by an earlier review but there were no problems. We had the smallest room, Marilyn, but it was a good size for two. The entrance off the 'main' road is a bit dark and unkempt but no worse than any old city I have stayed in across the Arab world. There is security on the alley too. We were escorted to the door when we arrived at night and it felt a bit labyrinthine but had no problem finding our way out alone the following morning. Once in the door there is a beautiful and peaceful courtyard with fountain and flowers. We were settled in and offered food and wine. The chicken tagine was the best we tried anywhere. The staff were friendly and really helpful. Their English was at times a bit idiosyncratic so a few words of French can be helpful. There is a lovely rooftop terrace that we used although we always took breakfast in the courtyard. Breakfast was always excellent with a slightly different selection each day. Generally 2 types of crepe with honey, French bread, pastries, fresh fruit juice and a delicious vanilla yoghurt type of thing. Coffee is the standard but they will do black or mint tea. You will have to ask if you want cold milk otherwise you will get it hot. Watch out for the bevelled mirror edges of the archway into the bathroom in Marilyn. My partner cut his head on them when he stumbled over the velvet curtain that acts as the door. Also drains all over Marrakech smell pretty bad but if you close the drain cover on the shower it won't bother you. Just tap it with your foot to close it and again to open it.

Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were four people (two couples) which booked two rooms for this hotel (riad) for two nights.
The experience started just at the arrival. Stating that we had booked two rooms the receptionist said we had no booking for this Riad.
After almost one hour waiting finally they manage to contact the manager and apparently there was overbooking for the hotel… cool!
And not only they manage to overbook the hotel, but actually they overbooked both rooms… Super cool!

Since they had no available rooms, they took us to two separe hotels, which were about a 20 minutes walk apart.
The second night we actually manage to stay at this hotel, overall facilities are ok but cleanness is not their top quality for sure, the bed looked has it was previous used and we found a cockroach waving around the room.

Room Tip: Choose another riad!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank filipeval
Tenn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I did not stay overnight at this riad turned boutique hotel but visited their hammam. The massage and Turkish bath was a wonderful experience. While being scrubbed, washed, rinsed, lotioned, etc I imagined I was a queen being waited on hand-and-foot. What beautiful surroundings! The cost is quite high, but sometimes one has to splurge. The Lotus sent a driver to pick me up, and I was met by an employee to escort me through the many alleyways in the ancient medina.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

ood location, great and polite staff and the riad is simply amazing!
The room was fantastic and all in all I can not wait to visit the hotel and the city again.

The inner yard is really nice and the atmosphere is amazing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

It was all perfect... we had a fantastic, tasty dinner, with a belly dancing show. Ambiance was relaxing, quiet and sophisticated, service was flawless, and price was not too expensive and definitely worth of the whole experience. They even arranged a birthday gesture for one of our friends who was turning 28, and took care of everything.
Would definitely recommend as a must.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends