“Marrakech's oasis”
Review of Riad Jonan

Riad Jonan
Ranked #89 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed July 8, 2007

My 16-year old daughter and I have just returned from our wonderful 5-night stay at Riad Jonan. As two women travelling alone in Africa, Riad Jonan felt like our oasis of relaxation and comfort amid the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. I had high hopes about Riad Jonan before we arrived; having exchanged a number of emails with Howard, one of the owners, about our stay and arranging for their driver to collect us from the airport. And my expectations were more than fulfilled. We received a warm welcome from Howard, Martyn and dear Quico upon arrival, and they together with their staff were on hand throughout our stay - happily and knowledgeably answering our myriad of questions. It felt like staying with friends, but without the 'hassle' that can sometimes involve! I have travelled much in my life and have never experienced such personal, yet unobtrusive, service as that offered by Riad Jonan. How many hotel owners would have helped me when I found myself unable to withdraw cash due to a 'mess up' by my bank? Just one example of the helpfulness and friendliness you can expect to receive from this exceptional hotel. It's also superbly located, and the food is wonderful - I will particularly miss the delicious home made yoghurt served at breakfast.
I can't recommend Riad Jonan highly enough. Such a shame to be back in wet old London!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank PMI47

Reviewed June 12, 2007

This is the second time I have stayed at the Riad and the experience was just as good the first time. The hotel is superbly situated in the Medina and near to numerous restaurants. The best things about the hotel is the friendly staff. The owners are very friendly and helpful and always on hand to recommend something to do or somewhere to eat. The rooms are very Moroccan as is the Riad and the roof terrace is the most relaxing place to spend the day or early evening sipping Rose!

Would definitely go back again and would recommend this hotel highly!

4  Thank LoveholidaysLondon
Reviewed June 11, 2007

Stayed at Riad Jonan had a wonderful time, owners and staff are very helpful.
Beautiful interior and decor, and loved the sun terrace.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank HolidayGuy07
Reviewed June 11, 2007

Just returned from a fantastic trip to Marrkech which was made even better by the wonderful Riad Jonan and its friendly and helpfull owners and staff. I would definitely recommend this place and will be returning as soon as I get the chance, especially to check out the exciting new extension including pool.

The room was lovely, breakfast perfect and the staff amazingly efficient, friending and so welcoming.

Can't wait for my return trip!

2  Thank english_girl_abroad
Reviewed June 5, 2007

Great riad, only 10 minutes walk to the square and right opposite the Saadian Tombs. Really friendly staff and nice rooms, breakfast great.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clairew18
Reviewed May 18, 2007

Well situated riad in the Kasbah
Nice looking riad

No oasis of calm as major building works start at 8 am going on till 4pm every day. Look set to continue till next year!!! Woken in morning by hammering

• Stayed: May 2007
13  Thank Lord_Blackadder
riadjonan, Owner at Riad Jonan, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2007

I am sorry these guests were disurbed by some noise from building work next door.
However no other guests have mentioned this as being a disturbance , we have instructed the builders to start work well after breakfast time , when most guests are out enjoying Marrakech.The work also stops well before people return in the afternoon.
As for the comment regarding " work will continue into next year ", this is amazing as he seems to have more knowledge than we do, or the builders them selves.!!.The work is expected to finish before September 2007.
The main building work is complete and now there is only superficial work in progress.
We take seriously the comfort and peace of our guests, therefore we endeavour to make sure this is achieved.

Reviewed May 16, 2007

A wonderful gem of a place! Don't be put off by its location at the end of an alley - it's perfectly located in the Kasbah and the staff are the best! Sue and Khalid took great care of my mom and me - recommending restaurants, arranging for a guide (a must for women in Marrakech), fixing any problem immediately. Our room felt a little damp but that's the only minor quibble and the excellent and friendly service, charm of the riad (and its lovely rooftop lounging area) more than made up for it. I would definitely recommend this riad!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family