Riad Jonan
$46
$121
$61
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsatlas mountainsroof terracerue de lamanager hassanthe main squaresaadian tombsmint teasun hatsjewish quarterdeluxe roomday tripyogurttraditional moroccan stylethe ground floorfantastic staycouscousfour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2007

Riad Jonan, Kasbah,Morocco - wknd 24 August.
We where delighted with this treasure of a find to stay at. We have stayed in Marrakech a number of times before from up market exclusive to budget accomodation but we find Riad Jonan to be the top of our list.
It is comfortable, very friendly, well located and has a charm of it's own.
After enduring the busy chiaotic Marrakesh this was such a delight to come back to at anytime of the day to relax, enjoy a drink on the roof top terrace or re-charge the batteries.
We found all to be extremely helpful and made us feel welcome.
We will be staying here when we return in the near future and have already recommended it to colleges travelling that way.
Nicola

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
9  Thank nixiestix
Reviewed September 10, 2007

We stayed at the Riad Jonan for our wedding anniversary trip to Marrakech and were delighted to find that it was exactly as the photos depicted. We were collected from the airport and brought to the Riad by Hassan and served a much needed drink while chatting to our hosts about what to expect from our stay. Both Howard and Martyn were friendly, knowledgeable and charming. They ate breakfast with us in the beautiful dining area in the heart of the Riad and booked restaurants and sightseeing trips without us feeling at all pressured. Their tips on how to cope with the local marketing strategies were very useful as this is a very foreign place to spend a few days and it would be very easy to spend far too much on simple things like taxi fares if we had not been warned!

Our room, Tantan, though very small, was sweet and beautifully maintained through our stay. It had a shower room and a/c. The other rooms in the riad, I gather from chatting with other guests, are larger and better appointed but slightly more expensive. Breakfast was gorgeous with a choice of homemade yoghurt and fruit or cooked eggs followed by freshly baked pastries and a choice of hot drinks. Perfect.

Marrakech for us was not about doing the sights but more about immersion albeit briefly in a completely different way of life. Only by staying in a Riad such as this in the ancient Kasbah will you really experience their way of life . The narrow streets are teeming with children, horse and carriages, taxis and above all people at all times of the day. Inside the Riad is an oasis of calm.

Overall a wonderful and unforgettable trip and one we have already recommended to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
13  Thank nicanddoob
Reviewed September 7, 2007

Apologies to Howard for not reviewing earlier ... my husband - the Australian with the corks dangling from his hat - and I had a lovely visit in July. Howard was very welcoming and went out of his way to make sure that we, as Morrocan newbies, were given the information that we required to make our visit enjoyable. We enjoyed our conversations with him and his suggestions helped to enhance our visit. The breakfasts in the courtyard were relaxing and delicious. Our transfer from the airport was well organised. The location of the hotel made us feel that we were included in the exotic location and part of the Kasbah. The suggested trip out of town toward the Atlas mountains was a highlight. Loved Kikko - he reminded us how much we missed our dog. Thank you again for a great visit!

Stayed: July 2007
7  Thank goudarguesrules
Reviewed July 8, 2007

My 16-year old daughter and I have just returned from our wonderful 5-night stay at Riad Jonan. As two women travelling alone in Africa, Riad Jonan felt like our oasis of relaxation and comfort amid the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. I had high hopes about Riad Jonan before we arrived; having exchanged a number of emails with Howard, one of the owners, about our stay and arranging for their driver to collect us from the airport. And my expectations were more than fulfilled. We received a warm welcome from Howard, Martyn and dear Quico upon arrival, and they together with their staff were on hand throughout our stay - happily and knowledgeably answering our myriad of questions. It felt like staying with friends, but without the 'hassle' that can sometimes involve! I have travelled much in my life and have never experienced such personal, yet unobtrusive, service as that offered by Riad Jonan. How many hotel owners would have helped me when I found myself unable to withdraw cash due to a 'mess up' by my bank? Just one example of the helpfulness and friendliness you can expect to receive from this exceptional hotel. It's also superbly located, and the food is wonderful - I will particularly miss the delicious home made yoghurt served at breakfast.
I can't recommend Riad Jonan highly enough. Such a shame to be back in wet old London!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank PMI47
Reviewed June 12, 2007

This is the second time I have stayed at the Riad and the experience was just as good the first time. The hotel is superbly situated in the Medina and near to numerous restaurants. The best things about the hotel is the friendly staff. The owners are very friendly and helpful and always on hand to recommend something to do or somewhere to eat. The rooms are very Moroccan as is the Riad and the roof terrace is the most relaxing place to spend the day or early evening sipping Rose!

Would definitely go back again and would recommend this hotel highly!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends