We have just returned from three night stay at this amazing Riad and I really could not have asked for more.
Arriving by taxi transfer (arranged and paid for by the Riad), were greeted by the welcoming staff with mint tea and cakes and later, Laurent the host took great care in sitting down with us to suggest and itinerary and places to visit that would appeal to us such as the Kosy Bar, carriage rides and out of this world Maison du Arabe and more importantly, gave us tips on how to haggle and avoid guides who would take us to the middle of nowhere and ask for 100 dirhams for the pleasure (we got stung before we had had the chance to speak to Laurent!)
Our room was just perfect - strewn with rose petals and just how I imagine a luxury Riad to be. I was a little nervous that none of the rooms have a bath, as I'm a confirmed bather but the shower, with its authentic orange blossom toiletries, well place shelves and even more rose petals, completely won me over.
The food was also wonderful. We had the set Moroccan menu of soup, salads, lemon chicken tagine and traditional dessert and each bite was delicious.
Breakfast each morning was filling and tasty and the lack of fixed serving times suited us perfectly being such dilly dalliers inthe morning!
Our whole trip continued with more and more examples of this perfect hospitality. We really could not have been happier. In fact, so happy, it's compelled me to write my first TA review!
My tips for a successful first trip to Marrakech would be:
1. Stay here.
2. Take Laurent and Muriel's advice on things to see, do and where to eat.
3. Pay attention to their tips on staying safe and not getting ripped off!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges, as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech