Riad Dar Dialkoum
$249
$1,058
$1,019
1,107 results
All reviewsmint teaorange treeswonderful hostson arrivalfree upgraderose petalsfrench coupleuseful adviceplunge poolfresh fruitmain courtyardreal marrakechroof terracethe hustle and bustlean oasisold citybusy marrakech
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at this Riad for one night in April 2013.

Laurent and Muriel are both really charming and helpful people, and make you feel welcome immediately you arive. The Riad itself is a beautiful place, and has a particuarly lovely roof terrace.

Our room was one of the cheaper rooms (I think) but was clean and comfortable with all that you would expect from an establishment of obvious quality.

The riads in Marrakesh really make your stay, as they can be wonderful oases of calm away from the frenetic pace of the city. Make sure you stay in a good one, like the Riad Dar Dialkoum.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank traveller123034
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I always wonder if a place is going to look as good as the photos, and most places don't. This riad is even more beautiful in person. The hosts are incredible, too. Lovely attentive staff, great food and a real oasis in an easy to reach spot in the medina. My husband and I loved it. Even if all those things weren't fantastic, the initial meeting with Laurent when we arrived would have made it worth our while to stay here. He took considerable time with us initiating us into the ins and outs of Marrakech. Information you don't get in a travel guide (and I tend to read extensively before going anywhere) was given to us and made our trip far better and more memorable than it would have been otherwise. Do yourself a big favour and book here.

Room Tip: We stayed in Hannah (one of the less expensive rooms) and it really could not have been nicer. Photos don't do this place justice. I'm an interior designer and I care about that stuff. This is a lovely riad and you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cathygale
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We can only recommend this Riad. Not only is it beautiful and well kept, the service there is just amazing. Muriel and Laurent were fantastic hosts, as was the rest of the staff. They gave us lots of useful tips and were really welcoming.You feel part of the family.
This Riad feels like a home , very peaceful and when you want to have a break from the busy area.
Food is absolutely gorgeous (dont leave without having a lovely dinner in the courtyard).

Room Tip: We stayed in Malika on the first floor of the 2nd courtyard. Lovely room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank leprefrog
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Arrived April 1st to the 3rd and relaxed immediately we entered. Laurent greeted us and showed us to seats then asked what drinks we would like. The water,tea,coffee&mint tea are complimentary and you never feel pressured in any way. Any questions are answered aswell as great info on where to get money or places to eat etc. I came with my siter and her 2 daughters whom are vegetarians which was no problem. The riad staff cooked fantastic vegetable tagine and another night vegetable cous cous all terrific! Our twin room was beautiful aswell as very spacious.Muriel served our wine(prosecco I had brought over) in a bucket with ice and flutes and complimentary nuts and olives. They really are so hospitable we would highly recommend this riad.

Room Tip: Yasmina twin was great
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bebe004
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights (27th & 28th March 2013) - the beginning of a seven night holiday in Morocco with our two children age 12 and 14. I'd originally been looking at more expensive Riads but when I saw the reviews on Tripadvisor I thought I would try this one. When I booked they only had suites Soraya and Leila left and although they are more expensive than the standard rooms they seemed reasonable compared to the other Riads I'd been looking at (which were nearer 200 euros per room per night).

In summary - I would recommend this Riad for the following reasons;
Ambience - quiet, spacious, friendly. Having arrived from a freezing cold, grey London we did really feel like we'd been transported somewhere totally different. There are lots of cosy places to sit and the plunge pool is lovely. It was much more spacious and private than I had expected;
Helpfulness - as previous commentators have said, Muriel and Laurent are both very friendly and helpful and their advice on where to go etc is really good;
Cleanliness - absolute nothing to fault;
Rooms - our two suites were great - large, private and atmospheric;
Breakfasts - as it turned out the breakfasts here were the best we had whilst in Morocco. Fresh orange, cheese, pastries, fruit and eggs;
Location - the Riad is on the edge of the Medina (within the walls) rather than in the heart of it. This was another reason why I booked as I thought we may see a little more of the 'less touristy' part of the Medina. I certainly felt we did. On arrival we had to walk through the streets (with the taxi driver who met us) to get to the Riad and I felt I was on a film set. One of the streets had some drainage works (basically open pits which you could fall into which you would just never see in Europe). At this point I looked at the rest of the families faces and they all looked a little concerned. However this is all part of the experience of visitng somewhere so different and also made the Riad feel so magical the minute we stepped behind the door off the street. The following day we had a 10/15 minute walk to get to the museums however this was so interesting as I did feel we saw a little more of the 'real' Medina.

I'm so glad I booked this Riad as it was a great start to our holiday and also to visiting Marrakech (which I had been a little worried about as people either seem to love or hate the city). In summary I would thoroughly recoomend Riad Dar Dialkoum and I would also stay there again should I go back to Marrakech.

Room Tip: The two suites Soraya and Leila were lovely
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family