My husband and I stayed in the riad between 16th March until 22nd March 2013 and couldn't have had a better experience. Muriel and Laurent were wonderful hosts, and their staff are hard working, courteous and eager to assist.
Muriel and Laurent work opposite day shifts so we were greeted on day one by Muriel who gave us an excellent and useful chat on the pros and cons of staying in Marrakech, the best places to visit and a couple of places to eat. During our chat we were served with mint tea and Moroccan cakes (flavoured with orange blossom, excellent). She made us feel very welcome and as if we were the most important people to visit. (Of course I'm sure that every guess will feel that way too).
The riad is generous in size with several areas to sit and chill out, it was also was very peaceful. I rarely heard any noise from fellow guests. It is a great escape after all the craziness of the Medina.
We stayed in the Suite Soraya which was beautiful and generous in size. The bed was large, comfortable and firm, with smart cotton sheets. There is a large wardrobe with plenty of hanging space; lounge area, and a smashing shower room; complimentary fresh fruit and mineral water. The safe is one of the smaller size safes, typical of the type you find in most accommodation and this meant I couldn't fit my Ipad inside, however I had no problems at all, the staff came across as honest and considering both myself and my husband left our Ipads in our bedside drawers nothing was ever touched. (Obviously you would be taking your own risks in this situation but I can only speak as I find).
The room is It is a lovely calm environment with mellow lighting. There are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room but the staff will happily bring you some.
Whist the staff can not speak much English (with the exception or Muriel and Laurent) they had no problems understanding any requests we made for tea or coffee etc.. (Incidentally if you require a "normal" cup of tea ask for Lipton).
Top tip…. After a long day out and about Muriel said to make sure we used the pool and suggested it would be fine to bring the bathrobes down from our room and to sit and dip our sore feet in the pool whilst sipping mint tea and enjoying some super little cakes (all free and subsequently part of our every day routine).
Breakfast was great, always plentiful and fresh. Typically consisting of bread, soft cheeses (Laughing Cow), fresh fruit, yogurt, homemade crumpets, chocolate croissants, tea or coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice (and if you can possible manage anything else) eggs!
On our last day we checked out at midday, but our flight wasn’t until late afternoon. Laurent said this was not a problem and to treat the place as our home, so we sunbathed on the roof terrace whilst our cases were taken care of.
When it was time to leave I have to say we had grown very fond of the Muriel, Laurent and all of their team. They should be very proud of what they have achieved. I would not hesitate to go back and stay at the riad again. (We were very sad to leave)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges, as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech