We’ve just come back from 3 nights at Riad Dar Dialkoum and it was fantastic.
Correspondence with the owners prior to arrival was excellent, they arranged an airport transfer for us and suggested day trips etc.. nothing seemed too much trouble. We were met at the airport by a driver, all very easy. The trip from the main road to the riad seems a little daunting: following a local cab driver into the unknown craziness of Marrakesh’s streets got the heart racing a bit but we soon arrived at the grand wooden door of the riad. Flanked by peeling painted terracotta walls, the entrance was everything you expect from Marrakesh and a riad. Behind the door really was an oasis of clam: two courtyards, one with plunge pool, a stunning roof terrace, beautiful decor throughout. We stayed in the Maleka room on the first floor. The room was a great size, wonderful bathroom, queensize bed etc.. The staff were fantastic, Muriel gave us a thorough introduction to the city, maps etc.. and tea, water was available as we wanted. We had breakfast at the riad and one evening meal there- the discovery menu. Food at the riad was more expensive than in the city but I guess that’s the price of convenience. That said our meal was excellent and they catered for my veggi wife- the only place we found that seemed to!
The riad is easy walking to the main sights of Marrakesh and is easy to find (2nd right, 2nd left!). We;d totally recommend it to anyone, we paid 100euro a night for our room which we thought was good value, but I think some rooms were cheaper. I know some riads are cheaper but we tried to book somewhere else first and they didn’t get back to us well on email. Muriel and Laurent and their staff were excellent. I should also mention click excursions whom we did a trip to the Ourika valley with- worth a look if you’re after getting out of the city for a day.
Big thanks to Riad Dar Dailkoum for making our first trip to Morocco so wonderful- we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges, as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech