“Excellent riad with great service and breakfast!”
Review of Riad Eden

Riad Eden
Ranked #268 of 1,167 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few days- it was he nicest riad we stayed in for the whole trip! We had the cheapest room available but it was beautiful and very comfortable. The manager was very friendly and helped us book trips and navigate around the city.

The breakfast is delicious and on our last night we had to leave at 6AM and so they set it up at 5AM especially for us! The terrace is good for sunbathing (since you can't really do it on the beaches) and has a good view over the city.

It is very close to the main square (~5 mins by foot). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Visited February 2010

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I had planned a 2 week trip to see different cities in Morocco. Unfortunately, she got really sick by day 4 at Agadir - we even spent a couple of nights in the hospital - and decided to go back home to recover.

Riad Eden was the only riad that still charged us for the full length of our stay after knowing our situation. We asked for our reservation to be cancelled 3-4 days before the expected start date, but Emmanuel claimed that the riad policy was not to accept cancellations if fewer than 7 days were left until the start date.

Happily, we had better luck with all the other riads we had booked. All of them refunded us, even if we gave them a shorter notice than we had loved to, considering this event as a one-off.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 501,637
Reviewed August 24, 2013

First of all very well located, close to but not in the hustle and bustle of the commercial areas. The Riad is stylishly decorated, the staff helpful and the owners very friendly, welcoming and responsive. Certainly recommended as your choice for Marrakesh.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I'm 6 months tardy in writing this review; it is of no less value. My wife, dear friends from Las Vegas and I spent the New Year's holiday at this wonderful hotel. Emmanuel and Hélène are among the finest hosts in Africa that I have come across in my 29 years of US Government service, including diplomatic duty. They rival the fine hosts that I experience in my current location of Tuscany, Italy. They spent a great of time with us, asking us of our Moroccan desires and helping us best plan our itinerary. They provided valuable advice to maximize our 4-day stay, including the best restaurants, spas, shopping areas, and unique touring areas. Hélène went so far as to assist us personally on a shopping trip. Emmanuel made sure that fine Moroccan wine was always available to us. I realize that Emmanuel and Hélène did not have to do any of this; however, they genuinely care about their guests and want them to enjoy Marrakesh as much as they do.
The Riad Eden captures the character and charm of what Arabia once was and probably should be. It does this while providing comfortable accommodations and attentive service.
I highly recommend the Riad Eden to anyone desiring the true Marrakesh experience. There is no question, I will return here upon my next journey to this city.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Riad Eden has an excellent location right at the Medina. The hotel itself is beautiful and the owner offers an excellent personalized service. The best thing was the breakfast on the beautiful terrace. I stayed there in January 2012 and would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Marrakech.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Firstly the bit before you arrive - Emmanuel was great to deal with, answered all our questions, reassured us and was actually a nice person to meet as well - well done Emmanuel!

The location is basically perfect. You don't want to be too close to the Djemaa, and one of the best bits of the souk leads more or less from the Riad straight up to the Djemaa.

The food was the best we had in Morocco, bar none. It's not all that cheap, but I think that's OK if the food is really good.

The rooms are Riad-small, but that's what we wanted. I can't stand cokie-cutter international hotels, unless I'm travelling on business to a big city, then it's fine. But this was a trip for pleasure, so it was about getting the Moroccan experience.

We travelled with two young children, one of them a baby, and the staff were very friendly.

All in all we loved it - we'd go back tomorrow if we could find a babysitter...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Wonderful hotel, most friendly and welcoming host and staff.

Hotel and building: Very nicely decorated, renovated, beautiful riad. Great location to see the medina. Quiet. Very clean.

Food: Excellent. We booked dinner upon arrival. It turned out to be the best tagine of our entire trip. Maybe a little pricy, but worth it. Great breakfast.

Service: Excellent: Very welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: Orange room will be hot in summer (but it has an aircondition). The rooms further below will be cool...