“Thoroughly Recommended”
Review of Riad Eden

Riad Eden
Ranked #232 of 1,160 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lovely Riad with warm and welcoming staff. Breakfast was very generous and delicious and the location is great. We stayed in the Berber room which was fantastic value. Someone wrote a review stating the bed was too small and they were 5 foot 9. I'm six foot and can report the bed is a regular size double - I fitted into it just fine.

Emmanuel and his wife are incredibly friendly and helpful, this Riad is a real find - thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Riad Eden

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

The second Riad during our visit and we definitely saved the best til last! A brilliant location just minutes from the main square, right off a bustling souk-style street.

The decoration style was fascinating, with interesting artefacts and colours in every direction. The room was impeccable and luxurious for such little cost, most unexpected.

Emmanuel and his wife, Helene were extremely welcoming and friendly, offering reams of advice hints and tips for all aspects of our stay, including local knowledge and non-tourist insights. Thoroughly recommend picking their brains for ideas for day trips and places to visit.

Overall, a wonderful base for exploring the city, a great roof terrace for relaxing after doing so, and a perfect Riad to round off our trip. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We selected Riad Eden after significant searching and cross-checking of traveler's guides and online ratings. This riad was even better than we expected. Since Marrakech was the jumping-off point for some of our other destinations, we returned several times during our stay in Morocco. Special thanks to Hélène & Emmanuel for going "above and beyond" all expectations. Not only did we share some enjoyable conversations, but they assisted us with any questions that we had about the Marrakech. They also helped arrange transportation, stored our luggage, provided assistance (including suggesting a Riad in Essaouira) when our intial plans fell through, and even brought a DVD from their home for us to watch during our final evening in Morocco. We cannot say enough good things about Riad Eden and Hélène & Emmanuel. The rooms were amazing (we stayed in a couple different ones), the location was perfect, and Hélène & Emmanuel were fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This riad is amazing! Emmanuel was unbelievably helpful before I arrived and was extremely quick to reply to emails! He organised a couple of excursions for me and dinner for me when I arrived. I stayed in this Riad for a number of nights and booked quite late, as a result I have tried and tested most of the rooms and they are all fantastic. Dinner was so good I asked for the recipes and you are really made to feel unbelievably welcome.

The riad is in a great position and makes a great base for exploring Marrakech. It is really easy to find and doesn't involve too many twists and turns throughout the medina, something which is great when you are trying to get home after a night at the square. It was one of the only riads I stayed in where the communal area actually acted as just that and people were happy to sit around chatting with each other. Emmanual and Helena really care about the Riad and their guests, I arrived back quite late one night and Emmanuel still phoned me to confirm that he had been able to organise the excursion I wanted the next day. I cannot recommend this Riad enough, and the excursions organised are fantastic. If you are only in Marrakech for a few days, pretty much everything you want can be organised through the Riad! The excursions are fantastic too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We picked this riad after reading reviews on Frommers, and then cross-checking them with TA. Every email I had with Emmanuel before the trip confirmed that we picked the right place. He was helpful and friendly and very welcoming to Marrakech. We arranged pickup from the airport which made our arrival super easy. We stayed here for three nights in the Fig Room. We also arranged to have dinner two nights in the Riad, and both meals were delicious. Emmanuel was super helpful every day we were there- suggesting destinations, recommending restaurants, and telling us the fair price for taxis, spices, etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the old town in Marrakech.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The first time I had seen Riad Eden online, I fell in love with the place immediately. My husband and I were looking at possible places where we would stay during our anniversary trip last May 2012 and Riad Eden was one of our top choices. Given that it suits our budget, Riad Eden has this enchanting spell on me when I found this in the web. It was so remarkable that Emmanuel and Helena were very accommodating from our first day to our last day in Marrakech.

As my husband would say, eyes can bleed when eating at the dining room because textures are all around you. Everything is so beautiful in this riad, from the walls to the floors, to the chairs and to the dining table.

There are bhous (sitting nooks) right outside our room which adds to the overall ambiance of the place.

Rashid's service reflects Moroccan's impeccable brand of hospitality. They know when they are needed, and when to go away, which is very difficult to do.

Thanks again Emmanuel and Helena and to the rest of the people who assisted us at Riad Eden during our 5-day stay. Cheers! Maybe we can visit you again another time :D

Room Tip: Evenings are cold in Marrakech during our trip last May 2012 so the Berber Room was very appropriate...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

A very pretty riad with nice common spaces. Helpful and friendly French owners. I wouldn't recommend the dinner as I thought it was a bit overpriced for the quality.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Orange Room which was quite nice and cozy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo