Hotel le Caspien
La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$232
$224
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsintrepid tourrooftop barminute walksmall balconyhotel restauranthalf boardcarrefour supermarketfriendly hotelthree starthe main squarereception staffair conditioningshort stayshower headtwin roomthe ground floorold city
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Just arrived back from Le Caspien using the Groupon voucher. Overall, pretty grim. would not go there again, bedroom was very basic and dull. Shower did not work properly, bathroom accessories fell off (door hanger as well as the towel holder). TV remote control did not work, and the breakfast was very limited in variety. Staff were great though, but overall not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EssexSmiler
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stayed at Le Caspien for 4 nights. Overall, we were happy with the hotel. The staff were great; very helpful & friendly. We had a Groupon voucher & had no problems booking in, greeted with lovely (& most welcome!) mint tea & morrocan biscuits. Our room was at the back of the hotel, doesn't get much sun in Feb, but had a nice little balcony. The hotel is attractive, tho a little dark due to its 'terraced' position. The bed was comfortable, which was a bonus. (some hotel beds are like sleeping on a stone slab!) The only downside was the room was a little 'tired', particularly the bathroom. The shower was pretty useless to be honest & seemed to be causing a damp patch on the bedroom wall, due to most of the water running down the hose on to the tap & wall, the shelf above the sink was missing, tho the brackets were there, the curtain tieback/bracket was falling off, there were loose floor tiles ... none of these things are hugely important but it would make a difference to the overall impression. I would recommend staying here though... the breakfast room was lovely & so was the breakfast! The hotel is near to Jardin Marjorelle (definately worth a visit) & a walkable distance to Jmaa El Fna etc :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jackie r
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We vistited Marrakech in late January and beginning of February 2012 to celebrate my 50th Birthday. I wrote that we wanted nice rooms because of my Birthday. As we arrived we noticed that there were construction work right outside the hotel. We got room 103, 104 and 107. Room 103 had the cement mixer right under the window and they started early and worked on Saturdays too. Room 107 was right over the breakfast/partyroom. We came on a Wednesday and on Thursday evening there was a Birthdayparty going on. My husband turned our TV on quite loud but we didn´t hear what they said because of the music from the partyroom. At 11:30 pm my husband went down to tell them and they stopped the music. Next morning we woke up early because of the breakfast. They are making omellets etc in the hallway outside the breakfastroom which make all the smell be everywhere. I knocked on my sons door but I couldn´t here what he answered because of the noice.
In room 107 the AC didn´t work. They tried to fix it, but it didn´t work when it came to heat up the room. I was freezing for 3,5 days. The restaurant was also very cold. The rack to hang up the towel fall down and water from the bath run on the floor, out in the hallway and almost to my bed. We wanted compensation for the partyevening like payed taxi to the airport (150 MDH)) but the receptionist could not get hold of the boss.
The hotel didn t feel clean and frech and we had problems finding plates and cups that were not chipped.
The area is ok, near to 16 November square where there were a lot of modern shops and restaurants and Jardin Majorelle is within walking distance.
I dont know if we got the worst rooms because we bought Groupon tickets but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Nice hotel, but the next time I would book à hotel in the medina. You have to take the taxi to the medina, which costs only 2 dollar or 3 during the night.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 weekends, either side of a trip up Atlas mountains and I would recommend it.

Rooms are reasonably sized, clean and well decorated.

Breakfast is rather nice too.

Point to note - it's about 30 minute walk to Jeema el Fna, but that would apply to all hotels in this area (Gueliz)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple