So many things went wrong with this place. I am only giving this two marks because the room and riad was beautiful and the staff was friendly. Here is everything that went wrong:
1. They confirmed our pick up from the airport. No where to be found when we arrived. We called a few times and no one picked up. We waited about 45min to and hour. We then got a taxi and of course had to hire a guy to take us to the riad. They didn't say anything to us about not picking us up.
2. They do not tell you beforehand that if you want dinner at the riad you have to order in the morning (we arrived in the early evening). If we had known we would have made sure to order dinner via email before we arrived. But now when I think about it...they probably wouldn't have given us that since they didn't pick us up from the airport.
3. We told them we wanted to pay by credit card and they didn't let us upon checkout. I had to scrounge for cash. There was clearly a credit card machine on the desk. They should have told us beforehand that we NEEDED to pay in cash.
4. They overcharged us. When we got the final bill for the one night we stayed it was more than what was expected. He then told us it was for the breakfast. First of all, our breakfast was suppose to be included. Second, when I told him we needed to leave by 8am to go on our trek and that we needed breakfast at 7.30am he said not possible. Only to later find out that we could have. Third, we didn't get to even eat the breakfast.
5. We rented an apartment for 4 people. It was nice but beware that the shower does not have any covering.
It was just a disappointment. I am glad we only stayed for one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Philippe and Celine welcome you to their house, ideally situated in the Medina near the DAR BACHA Palace and eight minutes from the markets and Place Jeema el Fna. The riad has been traditionally renovated with much thought given to your comfort. The riad consists of 10 air-conditioned bedrooms, furnished in pure Moroccan style. All rooms look on to the patio and the swimming pool permitting you to cool down after sunbathing on the terrace with views of the High Atlas mountains. A first class riad in the heart of the Medina and markets, with terraces, a swimming pool and easy car access.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Riad Lena & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Lena Hotel Marrakech