My husband and I spent 5 days at Riyad Al Moussika this Valentine's. We had an amazing experience -- the place is absolutely lovely - nice done up, and comfortable. It was fully booked when we went, so we got a tiny room, but it was still worth the experience. The common areas were really beautiful as well - the courtyards, eating area, library, etc. It felt like staying in a royal yet home style accommodation. I also spent a lot of time in the terrace, soaking the sun. What bliss!
The staff is very warm, welcoming, and helpful...always smiling! As others mentioned, Hassan (the manager), is extremely nice, resourceful, and helpful. The hammam's great too (we went twice).
I especially liked the food at Al Moussika - the two dinners we had at Pepe Nero restaurant were superlative experiences / meals. As others mentioned, the breakfast can get a bit repetitive (we had it four times, which was just about enough), because it's the same menu everyday, but I must mention that unlike what other reviewers said, you can actually order stuff over and above the set yoghurt, fruit, and pastry menu. We ordered omelettes, Moroccan coffee, etc. and loved it all. Try the omelette with tomatoes and onions - it's delicious! I also loved the mint tea and Moroccan pastries they offered us everyday - it's really good. And the drinks (water, juices, tea, etc) were free, so we didn't feel ripped off!
We had such a good experience at Al Moussika that I really hope to go back soon, and do it all over again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 4 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), Internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Prestigia and Hotwire so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech