We stayed here for three nights R&R after 7 days of trekking in the Atlas Mountains, therefore we chose the splendid blue suite with its huge marble bath to soak away our aches and pains.
The Riyad is easy to find and only 8 minutes walk to the main square (if you don't get sucked in to the shops!). It is simply stunning, beautifully restored and a perfect retreat from the city. The service is excellent, very welcoming and helpful and the suites are beautiful.
The only reason I give it four stars and not five is due to us coming in what seems like out of season for them as we were the only guests. Although this has it's benefits, we felt like it was our own home, the terrace let it down. We had to request the terrace to be opened and prepared for us each time we wished to use it which was not a problem, however as they only prepared a small seating area for us it still felt unkempt and not completely relaxing, with furniture stacked up and covered as well as maintenance being carried out.
Also as the restaurant is very busy and popular the noise levels are quite high till around 11pm. This wasn't a problem for us, however see my room tips below.
All in all it is an excellent Riyad and we will definitely stay again and would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 4 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), Internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Prestigia, Priceline, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech