Upon arriving by taxi we were greeted by staff from the Riyad who walked us through the little alleys. It was our first time and we didn't know what to expect.
The Riyad is beautiful with the entrance having the luxury of a pool in it's centre. It was freezing in Feb, so only dipped a toe in. We were led to the library where we were told to make ourselves comfortable and we were brought the first of our Morrocan teas and pastries. Both very enjoyable and complimentary. I loved the tea.
We had the comfort room which was fairly large and nicely appointed, with a generous sized bathroom. This room is over the kitchen courtyard so could become quite noisy, but it didn't bother us as we can sleep through most things.
Breakfast was a feast and totally set us up for the day. The staff are really kind, especially the manager who couldn't do enough to help you.
He gave us a map and told us a few tricks that the young boys might try. Even after this pep talk we walked straight into the scam when an older teenager told us that the alley we were choosing was closed due to prayers at the mosque until 10am...we ended up giving him a fiver because the shop keeper didn't have any smaller change for us ....He is there every day and he can spot the newbies a mile off... It is very easy to navigate when you get over the initial shock of the winding alley's and it's great fun.
After dinner one night we asked if we could have a champagne bucket sent up, they did this for us and also provided nuts and olives which was a really kind gesture, and much appreciated. The plus side of our room was that it was connected to the library so we had the champagne sat in our robes on the lounge chairs in the library. Total relaxation.
The terrace has a few sun beds at one end and some comfortable sofas and tables at the other end. We had tea, pastries and the not so ubiquitous wine up there. It was most enjoyable to sit in the peace and quiet of an afternoon before the onslaught of the evening square.
Checking out was simple and an error on the bill was immediately rectified with profuse apologies.
I would recommend this Riyad and its staff as they are all pleasant, helpful and funny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 4 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), Internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech