This is a truly beautiful Riad. If you are on a budget, this may be a rare opportunity to romp in the sumptuously-decorated rooms of a riad.
Staff are generally helpful. This is a HOSTEL, so remember that service is DIY - if you want loo paper, you need to get it yourself from reception.
Great free wifi!
This place is PARTY CENTRAL with young backpackers drinking, smoking sheesha and partying in the aforre-mentioned common rooms all hours of the day and night. I slept very well as I was truly exhausted, but unless you are a heavy sleeper, you WILL have trouble with the noise.
Room for improvement:
- I stayed in a dorm with a window-less ensuite bathroom. It really needed a good clean more than once daily. I suggest that you request a bathroom with an window.
- staff REALLY need to walk people from the hostel to the main street at least the first time guests make their way out of the warren of the medina. I got lost multiple times in the maze before the hostel owner finally walked me out onto the street.
- If you're booking an airport pickup, you may be met at the square (after the taxi drops you off - taxis are not allowed after a certain point) by a man the hostel hires to walk travellers from the medina to the hostel door. He's tall and well-built with a missing front tooth or 2. If you ask him for any assistance (eg directions), beware as he will extort baksheesh from you with a threatening manner. He will not take small amounts and will aggressively push for a higher amount. He's not anyone who works directly at the hostel. I guess you could call him an 'external contractor'.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, HostelWorld and TripOnline SA so you can book your Equity Point Marrakech Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Equity Point Marrakech Hotel Marrakech