“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #161 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and i arrived a bit late late at the airport and dint find our airport transfer we had arranged with the hotel, when we informed the hotel staff they were very apologetic and even checked with the driver only to find that he had made an error on waiting area. He was still at the airport waiting for us when we arrived at the hotel. The taxi from the airport overcharged us because normal fare should be 50-60 dirhams not 100-300. The taxi from the riad hotel is 20 during the day and 30 dirhams in the in the night is fare. We were met by one staff with curly hair, very professional, approachable and was willing to show us around the riad which was very beautiful in real life and very clean. We had to wait for our room as the previous people hadn't left and we were sat on the roof terrace and they offered us mint Moroccan tea. The hotel was authentic and very beautifully done, away from home feeling. The tortoise was same colour as the floor and I disagree that they were unkind with them, infact they were very playful with them and we had to walk carefully in the courtyard so we don't step on them. I came with my partner of 9 years and wasn't impressed when a young male staff asked me where my friend was, shouldn't assume marital status. We loved the breakfast set up and nothing we asked was too much. the young man gave us all advice we needed which we found helpful when we went to the medina and neighbouring little towns. We didn't eat at the riad but found amazing restraurants in the medina that served amazing food for 200 dirhams per person which is fare because the food was a lot of options, starter, main and desert. They cleaned our room during our stay and to our surprised the hotel exceeded our expectations, with large bedrooms, beautiful bathroom with Moroccan style. beddings very clean, towels changed and I had a one hour massage which was so relaxing, almost fell asleep. The lady was pleasant and very professional, she was not called out or disturbed at any one time. It was very quite, the whole riad hotel was so peaceful and you couldn't tell you were in Marrakech. The Hotel is hidden and we used the local boys to show us but be careful even though they were nice. by second day we could navigate where the hotel was and it made it exciting. will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms were amazing, we had one with a large balcony area in the hotel riad and it wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We arrived early in the morning & was greeted by a nice young man who offered us tea to refresh ourselves. Our room was not ready as we arrived earlier than expected for check in, they accommodate us as soon as the room was ready.
We didn't know what to expect but was blown away with the hotel! The staff were very helpful meeting us with our every need they were all very friendly and meeted our every request.
They also organised excursions through the hotel and spa treatments.
I treated myself to a hammon scrub which I have never done the lady made me feel comfortable and very relaxed.
We stayed 4 nights at the hotel, it was a beautiful stay. I would defiantly recommend it!
A getaway from the stresses of the city life!

• Stayed June 2013
London UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

It may have been that we were very much 'over' Marrakech when we arrived or it may have been that we came from a far superior riad where we has stayed the previous 2 nights, but we did not enjoy this riad at all.
We were met by three young men, on our arrival, one of which was very eager to show us around and make sure we were ok. The other two thought it was hilarious to kick around the poor tortoise in one of the seating areas, and found it even funnier that this upset me.
One of the young men also repeatedly told my friend that she was 'not a nice person' and told me to stop asking so many questions when I was just trying to make polite conversation.
In between all of this female staff were constantly screaming at each and arguing. All very bizarre.

During my 'relaxing' massage someone knocked on the door three times - every time the girl massaging me answered it. Right at the end while on my back in nothing but my bikini bottoms someone just barged in! And even when I was clearly distressed trying to cover myself she simply laughed, apologised but didn't even shut the door!

We ate dinner in the riad also, hoping this would be good given past reviews I have read. It was not. It was barely warm and tasteless. Breakfast was also disappointing compared to our previous riad.

What I hadn't realised is that I didn't meet the owner until the next day. He was very lovely and I'm sure that if he had been there on our first day our experience would have been a lot different. We didn't tell him anything of the day before as we just wanted to get out of there. We actually left for the airport 4 hours before our flight just so we could leave.
Very upset and disappointed with the whole experience. It is extremely rare that I leave a bad review but we could not find much good in this riad. The seating areas were very pretty, and the riads pets (tortoise and cats) were very entertaining.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank chell82
Charlwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Cannot fault this lovely Riad. We were a group of 16 ladies on a long weekend trip. Christophe and his wonderful staff could not have been more helpful. We had exchanged many emails before the trip as I had lots of different requests from the ladies, single beds, food requirements, guides, taxis, trips out ...etc. The list was endless but Christophe answered all my questions and requests promptly. We had lots of taxi journeys from the transfers to/from the airport, various restaurants etc which Christophe arranged. We had the same drivers throughout who were marvelous picking us up from the Riad and walking us all back on the return journey to make sure we got back safely. I would recommend arranging the taxi transfers to/from the airport as the Riad is tucked away down a little cobbled side street. Christophe has drawn up superb instructions for walking to and back from the Souks, to and from the main Square and also Majorelle Gardens which on the 2nd day, after having a guide for the 1st, we used with no problem whatsoever. The hamman and treatment rooms looked very welcoming, although we did not have time to use them. The rooms are very tastefully decorated, clean and comfortable. The steps to the roof need careful negotiation, but the roof was one of our favourite places with lots of little nooks and private places to sit, relax, have a drink. We ate breakfast and had an evening meal under the canopy on the roof. Meals are freshly prepared, simple and very tasty. The wines are very good also and are no more expensive than any where else we drank. We were all a little sad to leave the Riad, but we will definitely be coming back !!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

For those who know what Riad’s are this is the one for you. For those who always stay at hotels you have to give this a try. It’s different, but good different.
Christophe runs a great ship. With nice helpful staff who are always willing to help. I would highly recommend that you get Christophe to arrange transport for you especially the transfer from the airport. It’s a good price and avoids any hassle with cabs who try to con you. The Riad is also a little difficult to get to so you don’t want to get lost on the first day. Christopher also arranged our trip to Essouiera as it was much cheaper then the excursion outfits as well as a local with a van who would sort us out a good price! We went with 3 families all with 3 kids each and they absolutely loved it although I would say Riads are more for couples. It was however a safe environment that they could explore in. A/C, free wifi, numerous chill out areas on different floors along with roof terraces overlooking Marrakech and in the distance the Atlas mountains. The Riad is beautifully decorated throughout in a traditional authentic Moroccan theme but as with most professional pictures they make a place look better then it actually is. The rooms are lockable from the inside but not outside but this didn’t worry us. Christophe kindly held our money and passports in the safe.
On the first day you’re a bit apprehensive about the location down some poorly lit alleys but you get used to it very quick.

The one negative was that the pool (paddling pool really) wasn’t heated but on really hot days it’s well used apparently.

Their breakfast selection is very basic, cakes, baguettes, fruit, orange juice and tea. Christophe arranged lunch for us on our last day and although a little on the pricy side was the best food we had on the whole trip.

Room Tip: You won't hear the Adhaan (prayer call) as much on the ground floors and I would recommend askin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Thank you to Christopher and his staff for the wonderful experience in Marrakech. My friends and I fell in love with the Riad. It was nice to to come back to the relaxing Riad after the chaos of market shopping and long day trips. The rooms were all very clean and the garden and roof top terrace was beautifully maintained. We ate dinner a couple of times at the Riad and the food was delicious. Thank you to Christopher and the hospitality of his staff to make my birthday long weekend a memorable one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hereford UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just what you would want from a riad stay in Marrakesh. Comfortable, loads of character, lovely roof terraces and places to lounge. Friendly and welcoming staff. Dinner on the roof was great. Was a little further away from the centre than some riads, but nice quiet part of the medina.

Room Tip: Rooms on the roof are light and airy, but all rooms have something special
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends