“An oasis in Maroc”

Hivernage Hotel & Spa
Ranked #172 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Hotel Hivernage has the most helpful staff I have ever experienced. the front desk helped me contact local tourist services, change my flights and secure reservations. The breakfast buffet was very good and the pool service and food were quite pleasing. My room was large, well furnished with a balcony overlooking the Medina.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hivernage Hotel & Spa

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Went for a short break in August towards the end of Ramadan, and had a great time. The staff spoke a variety of languages and were happy to assist with arranging daytrips etc. The hotel complex is situated in a convenient central location, has a great pool and spa, and serves great food. For a short break in Morocco I would definitely head back there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel with a friend for 4 nights.

The hotel is located in a nice neighbourhood few minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the main square. Hotel décor was quite nice and the pool was lovely.

We however had a number of problems with the hotel:
The first room we got given was right next to the lift and was very noisy, lots of noise from people walking in/out and banging from floors below

We complained and got moved to a different room. Couple of problems with this room- firstly the carpets were extremely dirty, there was no wi-fi, the sheets had stains and holes and the rooms were not cleaned everyday. When they were cleaned, it was very rushed and a half job- carpets would not be hovered and sheets would not be changed. There was building work just outside the window and so we were woken up by loud banging from about 7am in the morning.

We complained about 4 times about the wi-fi before the problem was addressed, we did not get offered more help regarding the wi-fi so ended up sitting in the lobby till early hours of the morning to use the internet

Language barriers were quite a problem- some of the staff were very helpful with little English, whilst some especially the catering staff could not communicate even one word in English.
Breakfast was ok, not the best and got monotonous after a few days.

The best Part was the Spa! The staff and treatments were amazing. I would probably stay in a different hotel next time and visit the spa at Hivernage hotel.

The hotel did not have much information on tourism..any information available was in french

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jamila D
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed for 5 nights after we moved from a nearby Riad that we had issues with. The Hivernage Hotel was quite good. Firstly the location is about 10-15 minutes walk from Jamaâ El Fna Square. You can easily get a small taxi but getting them to use the meter is difficult however most will take you for 10 dirham. The front desk staff that we had contact with especially Hassan and Hannan were very helpful. I was very impressed with Hassan's attention to detail, he assisted us on several occasions and exceeded our expectations. The rooms were of reasonable size but a bit dated, the air conditioning was great with such hot weather outside. The mattress sagged a bit, I think it was two singles joined together. Breakfast was a bit simple for a buffet, the chef cooking the omelette saved the breakfast. The pool was nice also. The other spa facilities and roof top we didn't use. I would stay here again due to the good service provided by the front desk staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I cannot believe the poor reviews for this hotel.The staff ,from the general manager down, went out of their to be helpful and friendly.My young daughter loved every minute of the special attention she received.Breakfast was excellant as was the food, service and ambience in the main restaurant.Service at the pool side bar was quick ,efficient and friendly.Our room was bright and clean,the a/c worked perfectly as did the shower etc.The hotel location was excellant being a short and safe walk to the Medina and a 10 minute taxi ride to the airport. PS wife and daughter loved the Spa!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

excellent spa.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank ucl1977
Reviewed June 12, 2012

On arrival there had been an error with our booking whether this was the hotels fault or operators i'm not sure but we were made to feel a nuisance and unwelcome. We did have a nice lunch down by the pool from the snack bar. It was the quality of sleep that let this hotel down first of all the main road kept me awake and once i finally got to sleep amd i was woken up by a member of staff letting themselves into my room they apologised but being a female by myself in the room I felt quite on edge. The hotel itself is very beautiful and the staff speak a minimum of 3 languages I don't think I would risk a second stay but I think i just had a bad experience.Also just a general pointer don't be fooled by men posing to be staff working at your hotel who can 'show you a shortcut'

Room Tip: make sure you lock your doors at night
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business