We stayed for a week @ CM Marrakech, and it was an almost perfect week. Most of the GO's were really friendly (unfortunately some GO's don't know how to be a good GO... Even an easy "hello" is to difficult to say?). A special thanks to the GE's who were always smiling and ready to help us (for example at the zen swimming pool). Our main activity was golf and we want to send a special thanks to JEANNOT. Great GO and a really good instructor! Also a special thanks to the GO-team from the circus (TARIK, ASHLEY, KENTIN, REDA and MARINE). I learned a lot this week and yes, I'll be back one day! We also want to send a thank you to MURAT for welcoming us at the village during the arrival and the funny trip back to the airport, SOUFFIANE (GO Bussines) and AURELIE (GO Planning) for the nice and warm company at our dinner-table.
The + of the village:
- the village itself with all the sports facilities
- a lot of golf courses around the village
- beautiful nature
- restaurant with a great variety of food
- the circus-show
- good/funny ambiance @ the 70's show outside
- the CDV Stephane was always everywhere
- the weather forecast, always sunny, but not too warm
- near the centre of Marrakech
The - of the village:
- the bar
- some GO's are really losing the spirit of CM. Conviviality, dress code, talking with GM's at table instead of just sitting there like a ghost, no GO's before 8 AM at table (the restaurant is open at 7 AM),...
- the buffet at the restaurant was never ready at 7 AM... Not really funny for people who likes to do sports during the morning hours to avoid the hot temperatures
- the rooms need a little freshing up, but I like the Marrocan style of it
- I know the shows are done by non-dancers (and a big respect for that), but the choreographies can be much more adapted (with much more variety). In my eyes it's also important to try to let shine all GO's on scene and not putting always the same GO's on the first line. Some people on the 3rd line were much better than those in front... Don't try "déboulés" if you are not a dancer... Maybe some of these things are the reason why there where only 50 people watching the show on 900 GM's?
- excursions are way too expensive!!! There are other options outside the CM.
- Why cleaning everything at 8-9 AM in the morning when there are already a lot of people outside? Really slippy floors!!! The chairs in the main restaurant are really not clean at all. Disgusting if you have white pants...
Even if there are some points where they need to work on, we really want to come back to this village and recommend it to other people! See you next time... Hopefully in November...
Thanks for the great week and try to keep the CLUB MED spirit and vision please!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrakech is the Southern pearl, full of charm, mystery and bustle, at the crossroads of the Sahara and the High Atlas. The Club Med Village, set in Morocco's oldest palm grove, reflects the intimate aspect of the medina, fostering its way of life with its gardens, refined cuisine and warm welcome. The Marrakech architecture combines baked bricks, tadelakt, red ochre and colourful zellige, to create a relaxing haven to which you can enjoy returning after a stroll through Djemaa el-Fna square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Club Med Marrakech
- Marrakech Club Med
- Club Med Morocco