Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie
Travelocity
$592
$515
3,791 results
All reviewsmini clubchef de villagekids clubfirst clubcircus teamtennis teampetit clubsports activitiescm resortcommunicating roomsgym classesfriendly resorttranquil poolinterconnecting roomsplay tennisle riadspecial thanks
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here for a week in June with husband and 2 young daughters. Overall we had an enjoyable holiday, the weather was great, the pools are lovely and the resort is lovely.
However, the resort is old and tired and badly in need of a refurb. We had adjoining rooms and both bathrooms had large damp patches and the smell of damp greeted us every time we opened the door. The cushions in the bar area were really tatty, and floor tiles in the bedrooms and communal areas were cracked. My second issue is how almost everything is conducted in French, I know it's a club med but other ones conduct everything in English and French. We missed an important instruction about our bags as it was listed in French only. My children attended the petit and the mini club but due to everything being conducted in French neither were very happy there. The food was okay, I stayed in club med in Turkey last year where the food was much better. I loved morocco and would have returned to this resort had the experience been better. Also the beds are awful, poor mattresses, hard and uncomfortable, definitely need an upgrade!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank bm174
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is my third visit to club med, twice in Marrakech La Palmeraie.
This visit, pick up from the airport went very smoothly, but we had to wait outside the complex for a while while reception got their act to together to welcome us. Our room wasn't ready. The booking was clear, three holiday makers. Only a double bed was ready. I rang instantly and was promised the bed would be ready when we arrived back in the evening. Returned back at 11pm, bed for my daughter still not made. Rang 5 times and they promised to come. First time telling me housekeeping was closed and what did I expect!!! Finally 12.30am the bed was made. Not a good start to the holiday I must say.

The sockets in my room wasn't working, it took two days and various phone calls and visits to reception for this to be fixed.

The chef de Village and his wife, floated around. I stated to him that very little English was spoken when announcements were made in the day or at the shows. Really didn't have much of any idea what was happening. Some GO's were very helpful eg Uxia, caroline (mini club), Hyacinth (archery) and all the circus GO's. if club med wants English speakers, actually any other nationality apart from French speakers to visit, then they need to make more effort in being inclusive.

The quality of the food wasn't as good as previous years. Leftovers form dinner, would appear at lunch. A real risk of food poisoning. The bar was generally good, but kept running out of lemonade and giving my children sparking water!

The trapeze/circus activity was simply the best. They were encouraging, professional, friendly and eager for one to succeed. One of our highlights. Equally, archery was good fun and ran very well by Hyacinth, who was always ready to give suggestions to improve your shot. Cycling was hit and miss, depending who took the session. No English was spoken and hence danger wasn't never appreciated.

My children enjoyed themselves once they made some friends. The location is fantastic, the complex clean and beautiful. Really it should have been a perfect holiday.

I won't be visiting again, Morris the pity.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lucy P
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was really looking forward to this trip and although all in all we had a good time some aspect do not merit the 4 tridents rating given. Good welcome on arrival although only 1 GO so we had to wait for her to take the other family to their room before we could be taken to ours. The setting is absolutely beautiful and is very well maintained and continuously throughout the day. We had a garden room which was nicely decorated and cleaned daily and served well its purposes as we only used it for sleeping and showering.
The - The food was well below what we have experience at other 4tridents Club Med (we have been going regularly for the last 15/20 years) with a limited choice of dishes especially at lunchtime.
The bar service is very slow during the day with often only one person serving.
The chef de Village is not as present as the one we have met before and seems to be spending most of his time on his mobile phone instead of interacting with ALL the customers (and not just the ones if feels like talking to).
The need to get up earlier as the week went on in order to secure a lounger.

The + Like I said before the setting is absolutely beautiful.
Very nice GE throughout the village be it the rooms, the gardens, the pool or the communal area.
The GE and GO at the restaurant are very helpful and will be quick at finding a table for you or setting up one if needed.
The circus show was absolutely fantastic.
Most GOs were friendly and welcoming. A special mention to Maxime with the password for looking after the "Ados" so well as well as Quentin, who is very approachable and who quite happily jumped behind the bar to help out when things got busy, a genuinely nice guy who will go far. Thank you also to Jorge for his wonderful cocktails.
Will we go back? Probably not

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cmprincess
Reviewed July 15, 2013

2nd visit to this place but the variance in service has been very noticeable.

Struggled 5 nights to get wine, water and ice with dinner indeed one wait was almost dinner over and trust me I had asked a few times.

Tried to discuss with the reception staff but they all pretended not to understand.

My son was actually saying do the French "hate" the English, eek, hard to argue otherwise with such poor service.

Positives it is a very lovely resort with a free coach to medina daily.

Overall food quality slightly lower then last trip.

Very very disappointed and I will send a note back to club med uk as the expectations for the cost were a little higher.

Also avoid Bastille week as no pool information in dual language"

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank southbank10
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Gorgeous resort laid out over a huge piece of land! There was so much to do but so little time as we stayed only 3 nights. We were assigned rooms at the far end of the resort, it was a leisurely stroll so we didnt mind. But for the first 2 nights, the air-conditioning wasnt working. It wasnt the peak of summer yet so it was still bearable in the mornings and evenings.

The food is amazing! Ranging from local tagines to Mediterranean salads, huge variety of fruits. However, do not expect any Asian corners unlike the other Club Med resorts in Asia.

The shuttle bus to Club Med La Medina was really useful! You could use that resort as a base to explore Jemaa el Fnaa square.

The only negative we had was language, especially at the reception. Maybe because we (Asians) were the minority or it could be due to the lack of English speaking staff. Fortunately my travel partner spoke French!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends