We had a very disappointing stay at this Club Med. This was our 3rd stay at a Club Med and we had so much to complain about it but let me start with the good things.
1. The rooms were very good , even better that the rooms at the previous 2 Club Med that we have visited in Asia. Although there were some cockroach at the shower, we didnt have any problems with other insects.
2 The food was average but the food was acceptable. Breakfast was the best meal of the day, at the Lunch you got plenty of salads. About the Dinner, I saw a lot of food from the Lunch served again. I understand that is something is still edible, you can serve it again but during our stay the temperature oscillate between 8 and 25 degrees. I dont consider this a good practice, most all with fish and raw food. But is your choice to eat or not. We didnt and thanks good, we didnt have any stomach problems.
3. Kids Club, as always, was outstanding. Club Med knows that this is his strong part of what they offer and the staff, activities and infrastructure of the Kids Club are always very good. Our 3 years old son had a lot fun although he didnt speak any french.
4. Complex is beautiful and keep it in good conditions.
1. Local (Moroccan) staff was not friendly. Most of them ignored you. I met one of the Moroccan G.O.s at the baby corner and he was occupied preparing himself an avocado shake than saying hello to one of the guest.... He saw me but ignore me... nice.
2. Reception, is a disaster. We had problems with every single reservation for playing golf. Information was not given to us in the proper way or completely. Staff at the reception didnt speak and understand english. I thought Club Med is an international Club... or I got this wrong?
3. Hygiene. Cuttlery and glasses are disgusting. You are not sure if they were washed properly or just threw in water ... please bring antibacterial wipes.
4. Speaking English G.O.s Non existing. Very few of them speak english and this is something that bothers me because I speak 4 languages and for Club Med, La Palmeraie was not enough! I understand Morocco is french speaking country, most of the guest are from France but some G.O.s could or didnt want to speak a word in english. Thank good, my husband does speak French and we were able to communicate. I dont have any problems with learning one language more but please... this is ridiculous!
5. Departure. My husband went to check out at 6.50 am and the reception was empty. G.O.s were still sleeping. We are supposed to be 2 hours before the flight ready but our luggage was still in front of the room and the same person who did the check out, was in charge of bringing our luggage to the mini bus. Nobody said "good bye to us". I understand was very early but a small note or letter will be a good idea. After being waiting more than 40 minutes and the reception a local G. O. appeared and he got upset with us because we complained with other guests that we were late to go to the airport. He just left us alone with the mini bus driver... In the other Club med, at least 2 G.Os.were assigned to say good bye and asked to come again. I had the impression, they were just getting rid of us.
6. Money Value. For me, this Club Med was not worth. We might be picky because, we have travelled a lot
around the world and are used to stay in good places but this Club Med didnt fulfill our expectations. We spend almost the same money for staying here as in the others Club Med in Asia and there was very good. We talked once with one of the G.O.s about our previous visits to Club Med and told him we were very satisfied but not with this.. He justified the negative things of this Club, with the fact that in Asia everything is cheaper... Ohh really? So that's means that ignore your guest, poor Hygiene, insects and etc., is because you didnt pay enough. I think Club Med Fans like us, could agree, that a week in Club is not cheap...
Anyway.... to conclude, we will spend our vacation again in Club Med but we will pay more attention to the location. A stay in Club med with children are vacations.
Even in this place, "we" managed to have a good time while our son was at the Le Petit Club.
I will recommend this place for people in countries close to Morocco and speaking french people who wants to enjoy the beautiful landscape of this country and the weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrakech is the Southern pearl, full of charm, mystery and bustle, at the crossroads of the Sahara and the High Atlas. The Club Med Village, set in Morocco's oldest palm grove, reflects the intimate aspect of the medina, fostering its way of life with its gardens, refined cuisine and warm welcome. The Marrakech architecture combines baked bricks, tadelakt, red ochre and colourful zellige, to create a relaxing haven to which you can enjoy returning after a stroll through Djemaa el-Fna square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Club Med Marrakech
- Marrakech Club Med
- Club Med Morocco