“Luxury and Tranquility in the Medina”
Review of Riad Meriem

Riad Meriem
Ranked #252 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at Riad Meriem in 2012 at the recommendation of friends and our experience could not have been better. The staff at the riad were very accommodating and wonderful to get to know yet never intrusive. We had the fortune of staying a few nights as the only guests which was remarkable. The design of the riad is incredible, exactly what one looks for on a visit to Marrakech. Our room was very nice and well situated with a large upper level loggia to sit and read directly off our room. The beds and amenities were above par. The riad manages Cyrus and Madeline are a delight, very special people that go out of their way in every way to make the stay more memorable and experience once in a lifetime.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Riad Meriem

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Amazing place, beautiful rooms, lovely food, the kind of staff and customer service you can only dream of. Caring great guys, made our stay that little bit more special. Red room is amazing, definitely worth it. Can't say anything bad about this gorgeous place in the heart of Marrakech. Faultless from start to finish. Great airport transfer both ways. WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE ANYWHERE ELSE TO STAY IN MARRAKECH!!??

Room Tip: Red room was amazing, the bath is almost waist deep and plenty of hot water to fill it. What a room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I recently spent a week in marrakech and stayed in this luxurious little oasis. We were upgraded to the beautiful red room as the hotel was quiet (Ramadan) which has a beautiful big tub and authentic Moroccan meets tasteful Western decor throughout. Impeccably cleaned daily and all of the staff were so polite and helpful. The roof top terrace is a little piece of heaven with just two sun loungers and big couches under drapes to shade you from the unforgiving African sun and flowers of every colour bringing it to life. The little courtyard with it's plunge pool is wonderful after a day out shopping or sightseeing on the hot, crowded streets. There's a seating area there too to chill with a glass of wine (yes, the serve alcohol) which was also well used on our trip.

Couldn't recommend more highly.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jill88lovinglife
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Exceptionally high quality boutique raid hidden in the middle of the Marrakech medina. I was surprised by the decoration and service this family run raid offers, despite of its very secret location in the busy medina. If you are adventurous and don't mind living in the center of the medina, this is a great choice. The room is very romantic and it is close by many great restaurants and markets. Highly recommended...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ting S
Reviewed March 10, 2014

What can we say, having read, and clued up to what I believed we needed from our three days in Marrakech, five minutes with Cyrus the Manager here told me otherwise. Throw away the guidebooks and be prepared to lose yourself and have fun doing so. From best eats, Cyrus advised on incredible restaurants, Tobsil and Le Fondouk, to shopping if you can't face the soukhs, Cyrus and Hassan helped us enormously. Riad Meriem is an oasis of calm in the frenetic crazed pace of the Medina and if you want to just chill and sunbathe the Meriem is perfect for that too.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rona12014
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I recently returned from staying here. The staff couldn't be more welcoming, helping us with our days and restaurants (all great recommendations)
The Riad itself is beautiful and I look forward to my next trip

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was my 5th visit to Marrakech and without a doubt the best place I have stayed at to date. Riad Meriem is a living fairytale, beautifully furnished and well maintained throughout. The staff went out of their way every day to make sure I was well looked after and made my stay a real pleasure from start to finish. Cyrus, the manager is a larger than life character educated in the UK and full of information and tips. The Riad is so well hidden that I took photos of the route from the main street to help me recognise my way home! I chose to have dinner in the riad every evening as the food was freshly prepared and extremely good value. The central location in the Medina meant that the whole city was only minutes away by foot. I will certainly be returning in the near future.

Room Tip: All the rooms have an individual style and character.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo