Riad Meriem
$316
$299
$260
$235
Kasbah Le Mirage(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$70
  • Pool
$499
$411
Fairmont.com
El Miria Palais Riad(Marrakech)
$121
$672
$635
Cancelon
All reviewsstar roomla foundoukroof terracelate at nightthe main squareevery morninghis teamwe loved our stayan oasisold cityheart of marrakechhassancourtyardsouksdrivernomadmorocco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2013

When I remembered it was our 10th anniversary imminently I started to suggest places my gorgeous wife would like and she came up with Marrakech. I bought Alastair Sawday’s book and whilst I shortlisted about 10 she picked this as the first one the book fell op0en on. After a couple of other guide boos featured it too and Trip Advisor spoke highly of it, we settled on it and I lost out on my argument for the star room for the red room. So, you arrive to heat, follow a man with a car through ha maze of street that aren’t the most beautiful and land in heaven. Wonderful place. We set out for a little explore but returned to eat in the riad that night and it was excellent. Perfect place and taste. We snuck a peek at some of the other rooms and decided I was right with the star room but actually both were brilliant and even the room we were given for a shower late on the day of departure was beautiful – my wife deciding we’d actually ask for that when we come back (and we will and we’ll stay here).
So, what makes it special?
Firstly it has to be the location. A short walk from the place / main square means every time you go out you have to explore the souks.
On a par – the excellent advice from Cyrus. None of it bad or worrying, heed his guidance on places to go / see / eat.
Do the spa they recommend (Les Bains de Marrakech), but be sure to head to the Kosybar afterwards. Have a lazy lunch at an upmarket hotel (Jardins de la Koutoubia) to contrast the frenetic mayhem outside / nearby. Get lost in the souks and enjoy getting lost then finding yourself.
Go to spice square – we had a great coffee on the roof terrace opposite the recommended Café de Epices – which was great and the lunches other people had looked scrumptious.
Equally good – the service and friendliness of the riad – I will be recommending it to my parents and we will be coming back; when we do it will be here (Riad Meriem) again.
How long to stay? We did 4 days and if it was any longer I’d probably consider exploring beyond the medina – if a week then take a trip to the Atlas mountains, but 4 days is ideal for city walking and people / spectacle watching. Forget fashion and have some good and comfortable trainers for the day if walking / exploring.

Room Tip: We had the red room but looked in some others; you can't go wrong. A fantastic riad.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CJWD
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for a short break and loved it. The Riad is very calming and provides a great bolt hole from the hustle and bustle in Marrakech. All the rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We pre ordered a lunch to have on arrival and ate on the roof terrace. It was wonderful with delicious fresh produce and was the perfect way to start our break

Room Tip: I think the rooms are pretty similar and we spent most of our time in the town or on the roof terrace anyway
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My new husband and I stayed here as a surprise honeymoon and had such a beautiful and relaxing experience! The staff could not have been helpful booking and arranging trasport for us to the best restaurants! The rooms are stunning and clean! Breakfast in the morning and wine in the evening on the roof terrace was delightful! I wouod recomend to anyone and would love to go back as the staff could not do enough to look after you

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank griffiths05
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Among the strangest places I have ever stayed was the Riad Meriem. Like all of the old city of Marrakech, it is in a rabbit warren tucked away in a seeming cave. Like all riads, the door from the rabbit warren opens to central courtyard. The staff was incredibly warm and helpful. The manager Cyrus was out on our arrival and was still fighting a tough Spring cold the next day when first met. Cyrus "got" us as travelers better than any property manager/concierge, etc has before. His suggestions are spot on and he is quite a nice guy just to chat with.

So, why the Average score? The place is just not being maintained. Towels are threadbare, Robes have stains on them, bedding sags, bath fixtures oxidized and cranky, and an over all lack of maintenance bring this place down. Also, NO PRIVACY! None. We were in a room on the bottom floor with a thin door that is more like a gate with everyone able to sit and know your business and peek in. Uncomfortable. Nice rooftop though.

IF looking for an inexpensive jumping off point for exploring the medina this could be your spot. Cyrus guided us perfectly and he really got into being helpful. If looking for luxury and privacy this is NOT your spot.

Breakfast was good and the meal provided to us for the one dinner we ate in was very good!

Room Tip: IF staying here, do not stay in the Aubergine room on the first floor. No privacy.
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank doc_skid
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here for 2 days following a fun but dusty week of exploring Morocco... what a fabulous way to end the trip. Beautiful decor, flowers everywhere and lush places to relax during every part of the day. On the roof terrace chairs are artfully placed around so at any point of the day you can recline in sun or in shade. Perfect. My husband picked up a bug our last day in the desert and arrived at the riad in a bit of a state- the staff couldnt do more to help, even having a friend open up a pharmacy out of hours to get him the medications he needed. I wouldnt stay anywhere else in Marrakech!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Star Room, it was a bit dark but we loved it, a total relaxing hideaway from the bright Moroccan sun.