“return to the welcoming warmth”

Origin Hotels Riad Magi
Ranked #310 of 1,167 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Back to riad Magi after 4 years, looking for a refuge from the cold, and found all just as wonderful and welcoming as the last time. The staff were as happy and obliging as ever and the place just as beautiful. It's somewhere where I always feel special and cared for - great for someone who travels alone and I will definitely be back when I feel the need for sunshine and TLC. I would really recommend riad Magi on every level but for a lone female traveller it's especially good, as no effort is spared to make life comfortable and to provide all the necessary local knowledge for a great trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Helpfully picked up from the airport, and a great location in the souks. Lovely breakfasts. But the ground floor room we had was rather dark, and it and the bathroom were less comfortable than we expected given the reviews and the cost. Also, no heating and it was cold in February.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bandf39
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I really loved my stay at Riad Magi. For my first night in Morocco, I was picked up from the airport by Abdol, who was warm and helpful, and assisted to this beautiful riad in the heart of the medina. The rooms are beautifully decorated with traditional decor, and overlook a central courtyard with gorgeous orange trees and singing birds, where one has a delicious breakfast courtesy of Leila, also charming and friendly. The rooftop terrace is also a treat in the morning or evening. I returned a few days later for another two nights with my mother, and she also had a wonderful time -- the staff made her very comfortable and I was grateful for their help. One of the remarkable things about Riad Magi is that it is very peaceful and calm, an oasis really, but only steps from the craziness (and fun) of the souks and the Djemaa el Fnaa. By the way, you'll also be blown away by the courtesy and kindness of Maggie, who runs things beautifully from the UK and was invaluable when I was planning my trip. I hope to return soon....

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I had the blue room on the first floor overlooking the terrace and my mother had the cream double ro...
Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had visited Marrakech several times but had never taken our children and were nervous of how they'd cope with the hustle and bustle. However prior to arrival the lovely owners, Maggie & Clay had spoken to us and given us a full list of child friendly activities and restaurants. The staff took us to the Riad and could not have made us feel more at home. The fantastic manager, Abdul and the attentive and kind cook/caretakeer Helema were on hand to help with any requests small or large from the best place to buy rugs to where the kids could see chameleons. We are pretty fussy travellers but the standard of care and the lovely rooms ensure that we will all return.
The Vogel Family

Room Tip: We took the 2 courtyard rooms as the larger one has 2 huge beds that the children could share.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Samantha D
Reviewed September 15, 2012

staff are extremely kind, caring and considerate, and the rooms are lovely. you can have your breakfast on the roof terrace it's absolutely delicious - they make the best vanilla yoghurt i have ever tasted! Abdul the manager is so helpful, and because we could not speak much french he spent a whole day on the phone booking and planning our holiday for us which was very helpful. its also very affordable. thanks for having us.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Ideally placed a few paces from the main square and the souks, this intimate riad has bundles of character and is managed by a delightful man named Abdhul.The breakfasts are delicious and the riad is peaceful, which is quite an achievement in Marrakech. I would definitely go back there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Riad Magi staff very attentive everything organised from pick up at airport to delivery with luggage at reception in riad. Very good breakfast set us up for day, offers of coffee or mint tea when we returned to riad from day of sightseeing .Staff worked constantly keepingriad clean and tidyso quiet but only 5 mins from very busy Jeema el Fna where anything goes Souks on doorstep good variety of restaurants,be prepared to wander and to get lost no matter how many maps you have, you come across sights by accident a good way to see life in the medina. Warning be aware of very good pickpockets I had my mobile taken from buttoned pocket in narrow busy street be careful without being paranoid.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple