We stayed for 4 nights at the end of November.
Things we liked -
1. Andy and the rest of the staff - all very friendly and happy to chat and give tips of what to do. Offered us use of their internet and booked excursions for us. We didn't even mind being woken up by guitar and singing late at night because it was all part of the atmosphere and made me feel like I was on my gap year again (and thus 20 years younger!)
2. the homemade coffee - bought 1kg and it tastes good even when drinking outside of Morocco.
3. the location - easy walk to main square, attractions etc
4. breakfast - although after 4 days we were ready for a change
5. day trip arranged through Splash Morocco to a Berber house, wobbly bridge, herb farm/shop, trek to waterfall, restaurant and including a camel ride. Great day out of the city.
Not so good
1. decor - is all a bit tired, although the mice seemed to like it. rooms were ok, clean but basic. towells were rough.
2. costs - £20 from airport feels like we were being taken advantage of not knowing it is less than a 10 minute journey. £10 back to airport is still on the high side compared to taxis and when the driver also went in to pick someone else up...£30 for a 20 min round trip...!
3. carpet shop on the day trip - could do without stopping here as it was quite a "salesy" place and the only time where we felt pressurised.
Overall this accomodation is "good" but made very good by the friendly staff..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Atta is a traditional house, located in Médina de Marrakech very close to the Jamaa-el-fna place and the minaret of Koutoubia. Dar Atta is composed of 3 shifted stages where 8 rooms are double (or triple) and 2 continuations which open on pleasant a patio. All these rooms are equipped with bathroom and offer to the visitors a real comfort in a style inspired of the Moroccan South. Moreover, 6 of these rooms profit from air-conditioner, or to fully benefit from the long sunny days. Inside Dar, a very beautiful hammam traditional as well as a room of massage is at the disposal of the hosts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Riad Dar Atta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Atta Hotel Marrakech