Tripadvisor
Marrakech
All reviews boutique hotel shared living room beautiful hotel lamb tagine small hotel rose petals true oasis would highly recommend this hotel pancakes pool area is visit marrakech stayed for nights la mamounia away from the hustle and bustle four seasons orange juice atlas mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

Everything is amazing about this hotel. Great deco, staff and food. I am here in Jan so the weather is a bit cold and the hotel is a summer hotel to be honest. Even though I came on business I am happy I could enjoy the environment.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
resa_darrhizlane, Directeur général at Dar Rhizlane, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear Sir Rashnavadi,

It was a pleasure to meet you either if you came for business and have no time to take advantage of our facilities, heated swimming pool, spa or fitness. Yes, you are right we have many open spaces, but the very sunny climate of marrakech all year round allows us to enjoy it almost 360 days a year. If the rain and the cold come to shake our climate we light our fireplaces in the bedrooms and in our library lounge.
We would like to thank you for having sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor, and will be very happy to receive you later in the season to enjoy our wonderful garden.
In the meantime we wish you a very nice year.

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Dar Rhizlane has a high class postcode in the upscale Hivernage quarter, midway between the medina and the Ville Nouvelle (New Town). Which is very close to Royal Mansour and La Mamounia. Where garden suburb, leafy streets and the large private villas of the well-to-do, and many of the best restaurants and bars in town. We love the location as it's central and safe.
I found this hotel is extremely good value of money. it's 8 times cheaper than royal Mansour. (As we are a family of three and we traveled to Marrakech during Christmas.)
Our room is comfortable, floors are tiled bejmat-style and cedarwood furniture are slightly too big and heavy to fit into the room , a lovely fireplace,ornate bathrooms trimmed with zellij tiles, and Mattresses are comfortable, we do not have much to complain about but I regretted that we did not book the biggest suit as it looks really amazing. Service is attentive, the high light of our stay is the breadfast because the restaurant is extremely charming and glamorous - Likes eating inside a greenhouse. We enjoyed every moments there. Homemade yogurt, orange juice, omelette are the best dishes in the breadfast menu.
Many guests here like sunbathing next to the pool. We also like the plantation in the main garden. The garden here is clean and no mosiqutoes, the owner use pest control every three weeks. So don't worry for being bitten in the garden or next to the pool .
We also tried spa here, although it is not very memorable but it is not expensive at all, if you are not booking expensive spa at other hotels, this maybe a good choice as I tried to book a better looking spa outside at the same price but end up got lost and forced to try a very local spa ( even it's very cheap but the towels and bed were stainky and sticky) . Staying in own hotel to have massage is effortless and a better choice . But if I compare the spa here to La Sultana spa, La Sultana spa is better but with a nearly double price.
If you want to compare staying here or La Sultana as I did. I will recommend you take here. First, the location here is more prestige, La Sultana is located inside a ugly and dirty market area.
Dar Rhizlane room is smaller than LA Sultana but it offers a better place for breadfast. Second, Dar Rhizlane is nearly mosiqutoes free and I have not being biten at Dar Rhizlane in my four nights stay. My face was bitten more than 20 times after having a cup of tea at the lobby. Third, La Sultana offers the worse foods and even worst traditional mint tea, Breadfast restaurant in Dar Rhizlane is more comfortable and foods are not bad .

I can tell you after I had visited Royal Mansour for afternoon tea and dinner, La Mamounia for lunch and La Sultana for cooking class, spa and tea and many top restaurants in Marrakech. I understand why an article of Condénest (hardcopy) recommended Dar Rhizlan and Royal Mansour instead of La Sultana. (If you do not afraid of mosiqutoes, and want to take a lot of IG photo, you may prefer La Sultana.) Dar Rhizlane was 1/2price than LA Sultana in Christmas at the time I went. Is this worth?
In my opinion, if you are not staying at Royal Mansour kind of grand hotels and if you are looking for a decent, boutique hotel . I believe Dar Rhizllan is the best choice.

For room choices, I recomand you to take the biggest white suit instead of the room with garden. If this is out of your budget, regular rooms are fine too as you can still enjoy free breadfast in a Four Seasons like restaurant here. Besides, it is double charming and romantic at night! I hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
56  Thank travelling-model
resa_darrhizlane, Directeur général at Dar Rhizlane, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First at all, we would like to thank you for the kind comment regarding your stay at Dar Rhizlane.
It is a pleasure to read your nice words about our location, as well as the service provided by our entire staff. We truly want our guests to feel at home in a cosy and chic atmosphere with a charming decor. Effectively, we are two steps from the historic center and very close to the new city, but in a neighborhood quite and tranquil. Unfortunately, during Christmas holidays our Hotel was completely fully booked and we had no possibility to upgrade you in a more confortable room for 3 people. We are always very attentive to the confort of our guest, and hope that next time we will be able to upgrade you.
Awaiting the pleasure to see you, we wish you a very happy new year 2020 with many trips around the world.

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful old hotel, reminding me very much of rural France. Their garden and pool are stunning and the poolside service is excellent.
I didn’t eat in the hotel aside from the breakfast offered with the stay. This was good, nothing to rave about. You order “a la cart” from a bunch of options but some of the offerings are random and breakfast seemed quite heavy, they’re aren’t many lighter options. No dairy free options which is unusual for a 5* hotel like this.
The room was lovely and cozy but old and quite dark, which doesn’t come across in pictures of it on their booking system. None the less, I want disappointed. The quirks make your stay interesting and the owner, who reminds me of a motherly french Madame type, is charming and caring. Would stay again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
resa_darrhizlane, Directeur général at Dar Rhizlane, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Dear Madam,

It was a pleasure to meet you and receive you at Dar Rhizlane. Thank you for taking the time to write this comment and share it on TripAdvisor. We would liked your stay to be perfect, and we regret that you found your room a bit dark. All our rooms are different, and indeed of an oriental style some are less bright. Please contact me directly for your next trip and with pleasure I will allocate you a beautiful bright room. Same for breakfast, we propose Oriental or Continental style, and have a lot of free suggestions. We will anyway work with our Chef, to add some lighter options.
We hope to have the pleasure to receive you again and be sure we will do our best to make it unforgettable.
In the meantime we wish you a very nice new year.

Reviewed December 28, 2019

I felt slightly mixed about writing this review but I wouldn’t want other couples to experience the same.
This is my sixth time to Marrakech but my husband’s first so I chose to book a more expensive hotel in new town as a treat.
The hotel itself is beautiful. It’s relatively small and intimate with lovely gardens and a large ( for marrakech) pool. The beds by the pool are stunning and the staff are impeccable. Service can’t be faulted and for a five star hotel the price of drinks is acceptable. Food is perhaps more on the pricey side but overall nothing you wouldn’t expect.
However, we came to spend our first two nights here to relax before heading off to the desert. There is an active building site directly next door to the hotel where another huge hotel is being built. The noise has been pretty awful and went from 9am to 5pm both days. Relaxing by the pool was out of the question with such terrific banging and drilling taking place right beyond the hotel boundary. This isn’t the hotel’s fault, but for the cost of over £250 a night I feel we should have been warned. If you are wanting a few days of relaxing by a pool, I would avoid for the next 6 months until the site is complete.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarahartill
resa_darrhizlane, Directeur général at Dar Rhizlane, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear Madam Sarah,

We cannot deny that lately we have been disturbed by the noise of the works of our neighbors, but these are now very advanced and the finishes do not generate noise. Unfortunately, the work was punctual and we were never notified in advance. We are sorry if during your stay the works were more important and noisier. We apologize for this, and do not hesitate to contact me directly during your next stay in Marrakech. We are so pleased that you liked our personalized service, the décor, the nice ambiance and of course the food. We wanted to create a true Maroccan home with a chic and cosy atmosphere.
We hope you had a nice time in the desert, and we wish you a very nice new year with many trips around the world.

Reviewed December 20, 2019 via mobile

We can never fault Dar which is why we go back every year. It’s perfectly sized with roughly 20 rooms, many of which are suites decorated in very fine detail to the Moroccan style and to the highest standard. Every detail is thought of and we are often treated to rose petals on the bed and other special touches. It’s all so tastefully done. And it’s very romantic. I wouldn’t say this is a place for children.

The suites are large and beautiful, each with their own character, no two rooms look the same. The food is superb, the best we’ve had in Marrakesh and all authentic andServed is their amazing garden like setting (and smells of night blooming jasmine at night!!). They do serve alcohol all day by the pool and with meals which isn’t the case everywhere in Kesh. In terms of location you are near all the sky bars and elite 5 start clubs and restaurants where it’s very safe to go our day or night in any attire. The ’red district’ is where you need to be for luxury! Hivernage!

The staff are what make Dar so amazing. They know us well and that makes a huge difference. Martine, Fatima, and the rest of the staff (our lovely male server) that we see year on year are amazing. They’re all the same staff which means a lot to us as they will remember us but a bigger point to make is it must be well managed and the staff love working there, they’re treated well. That shows in the level of service.

I almost don’t want to brag about this place because I don’t want more people to go!!

It’s small that you get individual attention, the guests are quiet and respectful and mostly adults only. It’s perfect when you want to escape crowds and loud holidaymakers. This is secluded and romantic!

Go here. Get a suite, use the spa and no need to eat anywhere else. They will take very good care of you!

Love Dar Rhizlane and can’t wait till Oct 2020, see you then Martine!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank taralync2014
resa_darrhizlane, Directeur général at Dar Rhizlane, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Dear Madam Taralyn,

It is so wounderful to host you every year and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so pleased that you liked our personalized service, the décor, the nice ambiance and of course the food. We wanted to create a true Maroccan home with a chic and cosy atmosphere. Our best reward is to know that our guests enjoyed their time with us and left with unforgettable memories on their trip in Marrakech.
We would like to thank you for the time you take for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Your words are a great reward for our entire team.
We wish you a very happy new year, and hope to see you with your family in 2020.