“Calm amongst the chaos”
Review of Dar Hanane

Dar Hanane
Ranked #161 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 7, 2014

After the austerity of the mountain gites this rather took our breath away. Stunning room, excellent service and great location near the heart of it all. Breakfast were delicious and the evening meal we had (served in our own salon with a fire) was excellent.

Mohammed and his team made us feel most welcome.

Frankly, faultless. They deserve their success

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 28, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel at home in this beautiful riad. They have modernise it enough to make it comfortable but not so much as having removed all of the charm, which by the way Dar Hanane has in abundance. The food was very good also. Dining on the roof terrace is a real treat and because we were there in winter we also had the pleasure of dining by the fireplace.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We spent a few nights in this riad during our stay in Marrakech. It is an absolutely beautiful hotel. We had a lovely breakfast in the plant adorned courtyard (where they have books you can borrow as well). The roof terrace was great for sunbathing, and we also enjoyed a very atmospheric Moroccan dinner there...with such a great view of the mountains! The food was amazing, and the staff were so welcoming and always smiling and happy to help. The décor is very traditional and just beautifully done. I would definitely recommend this riad.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Char R
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay two nights at this wonderful place.
All the staff were great! Very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice with a nice sitting area off most, very private. There was lots of hot water and excellent pressure. The food was very good. I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, only two rooms on this floor. We were the only ones staying so was nic...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed in the Dar Hanane for three nights earlier this month. When we arrived, we were upgraded to the Grand Suite, a very nice large room with plenty of seating...just beautiful traditional furnishings and extremely high ceilings. Please ask...they will happily upgrade you if something is available. The riad is very nicely located, a short walk from the souks and other sites you will want to see.

The staff were all excellent....wonderful service...whatever we needed. They arranged a day for us with our guide Nazib, who was very good. As for the food, it was easily the best we had on this trip. We had all three dinners at the riad on the rooftop deck. We did not want to eat anyplace else....a braised beef with prunes was one of the best dishes we had in a month of traveling.

Excellent and very peaceful place to stay in bustling Marrakech.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ASeattleTraveler
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This Riad, Dar Hanane,part of the 'Pure Riad' group of 4 in Marakech was recommended to me by a friend who stayed at Dar Hanane a couple of years ago.
The initial booking procedure was handled very efficiently by Mandy,the charming young Canadian woman who is the Manager. The staff are all relaxed and smiling,and willing to help in any way.
Transport from the airport was organised by Mandy,whereby I was met by a driver whom I paid €15 to take me to the closest vehicular site to the Riad.From there,a man with an ancient flat barrow took my luggage,and led me through the winding ,narrow alleyways of the Old Medina for a short journey to Dar Hanane.this service provided by the Riad,but good to have a coin to tip the man with.
I had a Garden Room,which was quite spacious,with an air-conditioner.I did find it strange not to have a door that was lockable when I was not in residence,although I was assured that my belongings would be quite safe within the Riad.There is ,however,a safe in the room for valuables
Mandy organised a private guide for me,Mohamed,who was very knowledgable about the local history ,and who is an intelligent good humoured young man who speaks excellent English.
He took me to some thought provoking local workshops ,quite Medieval ,in addition to the recognized cultural monuments. I paid Mohamed € 40 for around 3 1/2 hours,and it was money well spent indeed. Contact him on elbarj@gmail.com if not staying in Pure Riads.
Dinner is available at the Riad with advance notice ,food was good,€25 for dinner,€12.50 for lunch.
Nice rooftop terrace where it is pleasant to take breakfast ,which was also good,and included in the tariff.Free Wi- Fi is only available in the salon on the first floor.Hammam services in sister Riad round the corner were average,no steam ,stand up for scrub,climb up to next level for massage that was lightly executed. Dar Hanane is undergoing renovations at the moment,which hopefully will attend to minor problems mainly aesthetic .
The Riad is very clean,well run,excellent staff,charming,good food,well situated to explore the Old City of Marakech. I do recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joy D
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Dar Hanane is a beautiful riad - as others have suggested a very traditional moroccan oasis within the colour and beauty of Marakesch. We arrived from a 6-day tour of the Toubkal Atlas mountains. I didnt expect the city accommodation to leave such a lasting impression having spent a breath-taking trip in the mountains but was taken aback by the beauty of this riad. Staff (the assistant manager, hotel staff and night porter) were all very warm and friendly - nothing was too much to ensure that our stay was enjoyable. It was an absolute pleasure to stay here - breakfast on the top terrace is the best! The decoration and the comfort of this place are better than most and I would recommend this riad to anyone! I SHALL return!

Room Tip: the ground floor rooms have the advantage of an outside patio area that benefits from orange trees...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple