Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel
$151
$296
$267
  • Pool
Les Jardins de la Medina(Marrakech)
$370
$335
Priceline
$674
$636
Cancelon
1,003 results
All reviewsmanager azizfree car servicepalmeraie areashuttle servicegardens are beautifulheated poolfree upgradeprivate terracewhole teamrelaxing breakthe hustle and bustlesmall hotelpeace and quietthe hotel managerspa treatmentsrose petalsatlas mountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and myself spent a long weekend at this most beautiful accommodation, from entering the large wooden gate into the grounds of the most beautiful house and gardens our stay was absolute heaven. Aziz greeted us with a warm welcome and mint tea, after a brief history of the house, he showed us to the most gorgeous room with en suite bathroom which was magnificent in itself, from then on things got better and better. The staff, the food, the service, the atmosphere was perfect. I can recommend the hammam and massage, invigorating, then relaxing.. I could go on and on but it's nice to discover just how perfect things are throughout your stay. I am extremely envious of anybody about to vist this little piece of heaven on earth!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elisa P
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My partner & I have just returned from this wonderful retreat a short drive from the hustle & bustle that is the medina.
From the moment we arrived after an early flight into Morocco & free shuttle, we were greeted manager Aziz who was so personable & passionate about Dar Ayniwen, that straight away we knew we were in a special place.
We were shown our room and other rooms available if we so choose to upgrade. The quality & authentic feel of the rooms was something that we were impressed with.
The pool and surrounding 5 acres of garden were spectacular. Full of wildlife & aviaries.
Birdsong & frog chorus, the soundtrack of our stay.
Food was excellent, fresh ingredients and cooked to our style and served whenever we were ready to eat! This was due to the very conscientious staff who were always polite and willing to assist. They all appeared smartly dressed and understood english and enquired as to what our plans were and if we needed the complimentary taxi to take us into the medina.
Toufik (unsure as to the spelling) and the young gentlemen waiters (whose names I unfortunately don't know) were second to none. They made our stay very relaxing. When I quite fancied a pot of English tea, within minutes it was served next to our poolside loungers. What more could you ask for? I was pleasantly surprised on my birthday with a lovely cake and glasses of wine upon the return to our room.
Stephane the owner introduced himself and this made us feel most welcome.
Fresh flowers awaited us in our room and around the villa, lovingly arranged by a delightful French lady who had a keen eye for detail and ensured the gardens looked their best.
The complimentary taxi shuttle driven by Kamil was a real bonus. He got us to the Medina and back in comfort & safety. Be prepared for an entertaining journey into town - safe but unlike UK roads at all.
Having the taxi saved us the hassle of hailing a cab or paying over the odds for one of the local cabbies.
Aziz gave us maps of the medina and pointed out places for us to eat at and visit.
If you want a few days to escape then this is just the place for you
We will definately be returning to Dar Ayniwen

Room Tip: Consider the upgrade, you wont be dissappointed! Go say hello to the birds and frogs and turtles
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank del6271
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We found Dar Ayniwen on Tripadvisor and can endorse all of the positive comments. It really is a beautiful property - both inside and out. The service is faultless and remarkably personal. From the complimentary car services, the room upgrade, to the lack of charge for the childrens meals (same food and portions as the adults !) everything left us with the feeling that we were very valued. The furniture and fittings in our Suite (Rotunda) were beautiful and individualistic. The birds and plants gave a wondefully relaxed feel to the gardens. The pool is lovely and kept at a refreshing temperature. We really enjoyed the food as well. All in all this was a perfect place to start our short break in Morrocco and we would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Baronsboy
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed for 6 nights at the Dar Ayniwen Hotel, Marrakesh with my two children recently. The villa is very grand and our suite, the Colonnade Suite was full of character. Beforehand, I had asked for twin beds instead of a double in the bedroom and this was no problem for them to change. I was struck by the beauty of the mature garden and the beautiful birds the owner keeps here. Food was of a high standard at the hotel. We even had a cookery demonstration one day, learning how to make a tagine! I indulged in several beauty treatments - the massage was excellent. The shuttle service in and out of town works very well and we used it most days. It is very nice to come back from the Medina to the peacefulness of Dar Ayniwen. Thank you for a most relaxing stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PMPringle
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My mother and I just went on a holiday to Marrakech for 5 days and had the most amazing time. And what really made it was Dar Ayniwen and it's staff!! We were blown away. Only a 10-15 minute car ride away from the centre of Marrakech, which I have to add is complimentary, it is the perfect location. The centre although being wonderful and full of life can also become a bit hectic at times so to come back to Dar Ayniwen in the evenings was heavenly. It feels more like a home rather than a hotel. It is located in the Palmerie which is absolutely breathtaking and peaceful, palm trees everywhere you look! Our room was fabulous, great size, very comfortable and clean. We had the Sheherazade suite which we would definitely recommend, with a huge bathroom and doors right onto the garden and pool! But still with enough privacy. We had our room cleaned every day of our stay. The hotel's gardens are also beautiful, full of chirping birds and wildlife like turtles and frogs! And the pool is just the right size.The staff are absolutely amazing, they were so unbelievably helpful and kind I dont think I have been anywhere where the staff are so great. Even when I asked if it was possible to go camel riding in the area, the manager Aziz arranged for a camel and her keeper to pick me up from the front door, no problem at all he said, that was an amazing experience!The food is tasty, Moroccan specialities and affordable and will be ready for you whatever time you ask for it to be ready, however we did find the food in the medina to be a bit more authentic and price friendly. Khadija the masseuse is brilliant, the reflexology by the pool was a winner! What else can we say? It was absolutely amazing and we will definitely be going back!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family