“noisy old hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #267 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Brussels, Belgium
“noisy old hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

not too crazy about the hotel..old, with some renewal of furniture,unfriendly staff,very limited breakfast.definitely expensive for what it actually is,room service average,alot of dents/marks/ hits on furniture and ground thus not a very neat look. one must like morocco and its corruption to like this hotel,RAM crews cutting lines at breakfast,ridiculous.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Boris D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

we arrived here in the evening the staff were helpful the foyer was beautifully lit and clean upstairs however is a different story the rooms air conditioning was non existent the tv remote did not work
the bathroom was falling to bits the mini bar was not working wifi was only in the downstairs foyer and only if you was lucky the beds themselves were ok and the sheets were changed daily the real problem is even after i complained the problems only fall on deaf ears and to be honest i didnt want to spoil my holiday oh and the phone in my room didnt work either i have given this an average rating because downstairs is so nice and accommodating
the restaurant is nice with inclusive breakfast running from 6am to 10 plenty to eat the pool is ok and is cleaned morning and evening
if you can speak french it would be a great advantage if not buy a little phrase handbook it will help you no end

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ziggy737
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Arrived here from the airport, tired and hungry. Unfortunately, although the staff did its best they were unable to accommodate us for a very, very late dinner. That being said the stay at the hotel was quite nice. The grounds are beautiful. The hotel is walking distance from the medina and very close to ATM machines. Wi-Fi was available in our room. There was a charge to use the room safe (which we did not do).

The pool is lovely. Meals were slightly below average in terms of variety. Staff was slow to replenish the buffets,

Hotel was very smokey with very few non smoking rooms available. I would certainly stay here again however I might opt out of a meal plan and be better prepared to deal with the smoke.

Room Tip: I would encourage you to ask for a non-smoking room if you need one since the hotel is very smokey.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank antbethf
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

after booking my room thru Expedia at this hotel, I arrived no greeting what so ever at the Front Desk, finally some one ask me what I wanted I replied that I had a suite booked thru expedia after looking the front desk agent came back and told me no reservation was made I showed him my email from Expedia even so no room, OK I am a Hotel Director of Operations with Marriott so I asked to see the General Manager, of course at my request I gave my business card, think that between Hoteliers we could try to find a solution to my issue, I am still at the hotel ( 2 days) and have not been contacted by this important person, very disappointed , I am not new in Marrakech every years We spend sometimes in this beautiful city, but at the HIvernage hotel where service and courtesy exist.
Oh well the Atlas Asni deal with groups and they better stay in that market

Room Tip: go to the Hivernage Hotel for $10.00 more and 2 blocks away you will be treated like a real guest
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FaridMNewYork

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel rated as four stars but only in Morocco standards. The shower was a trickle, hair dryer melted, beds very comfortable . We were part of a tour, breakfast poorly organized. Wi fi available in room if you were lucky to connect. Well located to railway station, some restaurants.

Room Tip: Looks good on the surface only
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wendy G
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Room: 136
Second visit to this hotel (only as its cheap and my husband was paying!), the first time I came I vowed I would never come again due to the rude and ignorant staff and the dirty room/ dining area. But take two was much better, though the money you pay is mainly for the reception area, the room we had had a decent pool view (not directly in front- which was good as the noise was diluted when sleeping in the afternoon).

The room didn't have an iron or tea making facilities, but that was no biggy, the only thing that got to me was like many hotels of this standard the towels stank. What I did find funny was the toiletries that they left all had the same ingredients even though they were labelled shower gel and shampoo :)

But the room was comfortable and the balcony was great to relax on. Cleaners come regularly but for some reason take all the towels to wash about 10am so if you go for breakfast then intend to have a shower you'll have to wait till they return.

Breakfast was standard though this time we did have someone making fresh eggs but being pregnant I stayed away from that and the Juice.

The hotel is a 30 DH taxi drive from the Al Fana (about £2.50) but the first time we use to walk back and forth which wasn't too bad, the hotel is also about 10 min walk from the train station which has a nice Mc Ds for anyone who wants it and 100 DH from the airport. Finally opposite are some really good coffee shops and restaurants, I recommend the C House (which looks like an Italian franchise) very very nice place.

The main three down sides were noise from the evening events, though this usually stops at 10 but if you fancy an early night this can be a bit annoying. The secound was the reception staff who are very abrupt and rude and don't expect a smile or even welcome/thank you for your stay. Finally what I was surprised with was the 230 DH tax I was asked for when I was checking out?! I was told its the total for the 7 nights I stayed and goes straight to the Government.

First time we went in Feb, second time end of April- BIG difference! As the first it was fairly quite which is not always a good thing as they can't be bothered with you. The sound time it was holiday season for the locals and it was much better. Plus as the hotel is connected to the Atlas apartments the gardens are too so we use to sneak to use their pool which I preferred especially for privacy and if you have kids has a kids pool which seemed more safer then then Atlas Asni pool!

Room Tip: Always ask for a good view, never use the Spa facilities over priced and horrid service.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KsrandZain
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Upon arrival just before 6:00 PM, we had to wait for about 15 minutes for our room key. Upon entering our room, a woman was standing near the bed in her underwear. The room was already occupied. The next room the key holder for electricity did not work, the third room the toilet would not flush, the fourth room was just painted that day and the painting was not complete, the fifth room was not the best but it was already 10:00 PM so we just stayed there with the understanding that we were guaranteed a better room the next day. The next morning came and I had to talk to our travel agent in Casablanca to get a better room. They moved us into a very large suite just before we were leaving for our day of touring. While we were on tour, our guide received a phone call that our room was being changed again. Upon our return were given new keys to a smaller bedroom with a sitting area; this was about 3:00 PM The room above us was having ceramic tile installed on the floor so there was constant noise from the ceiling and our water was turned-off. When the water was turned-back on, it was the color of chocolate. This is when we again called the travel agent and she moved us to a much nicer and friendlier hotel, Framissima Les Jardin de l'Agdal which is beautiful and tells you that you are in Morocco. The travel agent told us she would never book anyone again into the Atlas Asni.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple