My wife and I have just returned from a long weekend in Marrakech, and we could easily go back tomorrow.
The city is bonkers, in a brilliant way: a battering ram to the senses, noisy & vibrant, fragrant (mostly good, sometimes not so), hot, colourful and culturally rich.
After a long day's bartering for goods in the souks (mostly badly made toot to be honest, but some great bargains to be had), what's needed is a haven of calm and tranquility to regain your energy before venturing back out into the glorious mayhem. Riadh Dar Les Cigognes provides everything you need and more. Only a 10-15 minute stroll from the main square and souks, it is very well located, and overlooks the walls of the abandoned city palace, with its numerous nesting storks.
A beautiful riadh, immaculately clean, serene and intimate (only 11 rooms), the staff are extremely attentive and polite, and the atmosphere Heavenly. The GM Pierre is very friendly and knowledgeable, and provided some good recommendations of visits / places to eat (we highly recommend La Grande Cafe de la Poste).
Our room was a little small (we booked through Travel Republic and didn't seem to get a choice of room), but actually this was fine, it was all we needed. The bath was fab! There were larger rooms if this is what you want.
We didn't rate the food too highly either, but then this was probably more down to our tastes rather than the cooking, which was of undoubted quality (Pierre runs a cookery course, which although we did not partake apparently is well renowned and is worth it if you have the time). We chose to eat out instead, and despite all the well documented risks of doing so in Marrakech we had no issues. Just choose your establishments wisely and you'll be fine.
In short, we cannot recommend Dar les Cigognes highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech