We arrived late as our plane was held up ....but were met by a pleasant gentleman driver from the hotel. Although paying to be picked up was expensive compared to haggling for a taxi it was worth it as we arrived at 11pm and arrived at our accommodation stress free. The room was very large with a large bathroom on the ground floor very very quiet until 1am when the people on the next floor arrived very noisy on the wooden floors ... Make sure you get a room upstairs . The hotel had 11 rooms all very different very clean and atmospherical all in keeping with the area around the medina. I however was very claustrophobic as there was very little daylight to be had and on waking in the morning felt it was the middle of the night.. I even had to use a torch to find my clothes in the wardrobe ...we didn't have any food in the hotel as we were happy to wander out and use the abundance of cafés at a third of the price the hotel asked which was 140 dirhams each for breakfast and 390 dirhams for an evening meal ... To be fair we don't know what was on offer so can't advise if it was worth it or not. We did see them setting up some tables for an evening meal on the roof terrace which looked very well presented and quite romantic lovely lightening candles, lanterns and flowers.
We did have two really nice meals with wine at the kosybar which was two minutes walk away nice atmosphere which had a really entertaining musician. The staff at the hotel were-not at all intrusive but were extremely approachable if and when you required information. Taxis to the mar jolle garden 20 dirham. The hotel is nicely situated for a gentle stroll to the medina souks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech