I stayed here for one week with my partner in June 2013. We were welcomed by the managers assistant on arrival, and sat down in the beautiful reception area and given some home made pastries and mint tea. She made us feel extremely welcome and provided us with advice about visiting Marrakech, recommendations of places to visit and a map. We stayed in the Atlas Room which was incredible, very spacious, lovely furniture and decorations, and an enormous bath. There is also a beautiful steam room and jacuzzi just next door to our room. There were lots of nice touches in the room - fresh roses, rose petals on the bed and around the bath, bottled water, and toiletries (locally made shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and moisturising lotion) which were kept topped up during our stay. The room was kept immaculate by the staff and we were very impressed by the level of cleanliness. We didn't eat at the hotel as we found it too expensive (370 dirhams for 3 courses, which is significantly more than other restaurants) but have heard that the food is good. We did however enjoy sitting on the beautiful roof terrace for drinks - the hotel is one of the few places we found that serves alcoholic drinks in Marrakech, and their wine is of excellent quality.
We booked this hotel through lastminute.com and unfortunately at no point during our booking or stay (until the last day) were we told about the mandatory hotel tax for the government of around €3.50 euros per person per day which would be added to our bill so that was a bit of a surprise at the end. I am not clear if this is the fault of the hotel or the booking site but it would have been nice to be made aware of this at some point so we could budget for it - instead we had to change more money on the last day. I would have much preferred it if this tax had been included in the fee quoted to us and just have paid a bit extra for the room - given the quality of the hotel we would have still booked without hesitation.
I can highly recommend this hotel, particularly to couples wanting to stay somewhere very central in the medina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech