We were there in May 2013 and it was already getting very hot. This is an absolutely beautiful Hotel. When you enter the Riad its calmness and elegance is captivating, you feel immediately relaxed and at ease, a peaceful retreat from the busy streets. The staff is very friendly and welcomes you with a warm smile, service is impeccable. The location is close to place Mellah, at the edge of the Medina from where you have easy access to the Souks but also can find a taxi in 1 minute walk (some of the Riads in the Medina are in pedestrian areas). The best part is breakfast at the roof terrasse, from where you can see the storks breeding. In the evening you can lounge there, have dinner, smoke a shisha pipe if you want to or just relax. Pierre the GM is very friendly and if you book a cooking class, will show you around the market place (not where the tourists go but where the local people including the hotel buy their supplies). The cooking class was a truly great experience, you will learn in an easy way how to use all those different spices and the cook has been on TV shows and gets many visits from international chefs who want to learn from her. Try it :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech