We have just got back from 4 days in Marrakech and stayed at Dar Les Cigognes. After choosing it based on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor I have to agree with all the previous comments.
The Riad is beautiful. The room we stayed in had all the traditional aspects you would want to see in a Riad, with little alcoves, ornate ceilings and beautiful Morrocan ornaments. On top of that it was immaculately clean and had all the modern amenities that you would expect. The communal areas are lovely and the terrace was a particular highlight of our stay. Breakfast on the terrace in the morning and drinks on the terrace in the evening was a great way to relax and look out across the city.
The welcome on arrival was friendly and informative. The management were happy to offer advice and arrange any trips. Their recommendations were great and really added to our experience. The staff were very helpful and attentive.
The location is very central. The Riad is next to the palace and is a 10 minute walk to the main square. We walked everywhere during our stay with ease and felt safe doing so, even very late at night.
Overall a great place to stay and I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech