WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #489 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
Berlin, Germany
“Just a place to sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've found this hotel in the older guidebook, where it was described as very good but I was dissapointed. The hotel had surely better times. It was a fancy hotel some time ago but now it looks shabby and the stuff doesn't care about it.

Positive: nice view, 2 small balconies in the room, clean and big room, good bed, TV, fast WiFi, elevator, hot shower, nice big bathroom, small fridge, hair dryer, soap, towel.

Negativ: not the best location (though still ok), a bit noisy in the morning, the balcony doors didn't work well so it was cold at night. The stuff was rather neutral, they didnt really paid attetion. Swimming pool isnt working, the terrace is very dirty and shabby so no pleasant time to sit there even for a minute. Bar - while ordering the alcohol they started the price from 70 euros which was at the end 4Euros. Either they dont speak french or english at all or just pretending but ordering the ordinary alcohol was an experience. 10 Min discussing the price and quantity and another 15 Min to get it. No fixed prices.

Breakfest: very basic, orange juice probably from the powder, no more coffe at the time I came (around 9am) and again - no possiility to sit outside on the veranda, extremely dirty.

Price: around 45 Euros, fixed prices.
In total: hotel with potential (great view over the park, sunset, actually nice room etc) but it should cost less in the condition it is. There are many hotels around so I wouldnt go there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Very small basic hotel in new district of Marakech. No facilitys 2 very smokey bars with limited choice of drinks.Listed as a 3 star but we would be of the view that they have long since lost this rating . We would rate it as a 1 star
Bedroom was clean, beds very hard. Bathroom very old in serious need of refurbishment

We were booked in here by tour guide on a trip from Agadir to Marrackech

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
marrakech
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

not clean, very noisy, they ve just moved the bar to the ground flour, and music untill mid night.

Room Tip: get a room with a view on the garden, and do not forget ear plugs.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank taguleft

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

harrogate
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here as part of a group trip. Seems this is what it's used fro ie for people who have no choice. They were having a 'disco' both nights we stayed. The horrid 'music' resounded around the hotel until gone midnight on both nights....VERY loud. Staff were surly and unhelpful. Breakfast consisted of diluted orange juice, watered down coffee, stale pastries........ thats about it. Quite a way out of the centre. There are much better hotels here.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank momo o
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We were at this hotel as part of a group tour, I would name them if I could remember the tour group- based in agadir. The hotel seemed ok initially considering it was with the price of the tour, the bathroom was horrible i really did not want to use the facility but had no choice because of the temperature of marakesh. As we were going to sleep I took off the top cover of the bed to find oily curry stains on my sheets. As I searched further there were some sort of milky stains as though the sheets had not been washed. I took pictures but later to my surprise could see more stains on the mattress which looked like dry blood.

Breakfast was horrible stale bread and a few olives. Coffee tasted horrible and the mint tea had horrible earthy bits in. I am furious that the tour group took as there as my hotel excursion was offering a 4* for 20 quid more with better sights.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank London3110
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

Think twice before staying here if you are carrying any valuables. One of our party was handed a key card to a room that was already occupied, much to the shock of the occupants when she walked in.

More importantly, each door has both a physical key (cylinder and tumbler type) and an chip-based card system. I had stepped up to the roof (quite pleasant) for a party, while my wife was down in the room. Imagine her shock when a woman, using a standard key, opened her door, and then claimed in French, to have been looking for her room.

The hotel staff did nothing, but opined that the woman must have been the occupant of room 303 (we were in 309), and they asserted that she could not possibly have unlocked the door, it must have been our fault in not locking the door. We went to the door of 303, my wife identified her as the woman who had entered her room, and I invited her not too gently to present herself at the desk, with her key.

I was rough with her, because I knew by then that she had been seen, trying her key in other doors. I later changed my view, because the key was illegibly labelled. Still, the idiot on the desk would take no action. I found out later that this was because she was a friend of the owner. They still said that her key could not open our door, in spite of her telling them that it did.

I called in our tour leader, a Moroccan, and asked him to require them to get the key and test it. With much heaving of sighs and rolling of eyes, they did. Guees what? It opened our door--as well as 309.

To me (I am a competent mechanic), this says one thing: some lazy locksmith had stripped out most of the tumblers, at least in my lock, but I decided not to comment. When they seemed to think it was fine to have another guest in the hotel able to open our door at will, I said it must be a master key, and thjat it wouold have to be replaced by a chip card. Our tour leader agreed, and undertook to supervise them while they did this.

The breakfast was OK, but security was appalling. Mind you, they had a gorilla in the lobby some of the time, whose only action was to roar that no more than three people could use the lift (registered capacity 5 personnes!). he, of course, was not to be seen when the woman was merrily trying all the doors on the third floor.

The breakfast was passable, the view from the terrace was good, but I would only recommend this place to those with no possessions, or to my enemies.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MacManly
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

I had no choice but to stay in this hotel as part of a tour group. I would not stay here if it wasn't the case.

The room is small, the sheets were stained and musty! Pillows were hard, the bathroom were full of chips and cracks, and water wasn't hot. The flush works on and off, and it was infuriating to know that I could never properly flush off.

Besides the point that it is utterly run down, the service is so poor that I don't even want to give it a 1 rating!

In the hotel, you can never find maps. They don't provide any, not even free ones. The reception were cold and just ignore you with their 'No'. There's no service at this place, and they charge pretty much for it from the rack rates I saw.

Save yourself, and give the riads a go. At least you know you are in a prettier environment.

• Stayed December 2010