Tropicana Hotel Club Paladien
$221
Free cancellation until 06/03
$163
  • Pool
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/24
$1,027
$459
$439
Cancelon
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I just got back from Marrekesh and stayed in this hotel with four friends. The hotel itself is fine, its clean, has two good pools, staff are friendly. The only point I was say is that it's a wee bit scruffy and could do with updating. We stayed bb, the breakfast is okay, its not wonderful but had a selection of pastries, bread and omelette station. However, no water was provided and we ended up having to buy a bottle of water each morning at 2quid.

That said we had a great time and would stay here again.

The hotel isn't too near the main area however, taxi's are reasonable, expect to pay around 50-60dhs to get into the centre. We had a great taxi driver who we used for two days, he would drop us off and wait for us to take us to the next place, even if we stayed for hours. We also used the taxi to take us up into the mountain which cost 400dhs (but we gave a generous trip and he was so nice)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank leepixielee76
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Me and a group of 4 friends stayed in this hotel for a week in Aug 11.
We paid 250 GBP each with EasyJet Holidays, I would say that this is very cheap for the hotel.
When we arrived, we checked in at reception quickly, the receptionist was very polite and told us that were not able to check in until 3pm (we arrive at the hotel at 11am). However after filling in our documents the porter advised that we can check in now (approx 12), I thought this was very good, you can apprietiate that the cleaners need to ensure the rooms are cleaned.
The porter checked us in and took our bags up to the room for us.

Once there we were ready to hit the pool, I must say the pool is very spacious however you need to get there early to get a bed! But we were able to lay our towels down on the grassy area which was fine.

They have a snack bar by the pool, with a good but limited menu, however the food is ok.

If you need to go into town of an evening you need to catch a short taxi ride from the hotel to the main centre, you need to negotiate your price before you get in the cab never pay more than 50Morrocan Dirhams they usually back down.

The souks and the medina are very good for cheap deals, as with most holiday places the people do hassle you, but if you ignore them or tell them no they will leave you alone.

If you would like to have somewhere sophisticated and nice place to drink I would definatley suggest the Sky Bar, its a roof terrace bar on top of a beautiful hotel looking out onto Marrakech!!

In regards to the rooms, they are spacious, and the cleaner comes every day to clean the rooms and change the towels, they are very trusting.
We also broke our shower head one evening getting ready, by the next evening the cleaner had reported it and a new shower head was fitted. The beds are comfy and spacious.

The staff are very friendly, as long as your friendly to them.

If you need an iron you can rent of a deposit of 200 dirham which is far.

I wouldnt suggest getting the food from the resturaunt if your b&b as they will charge you 13 dirham as a set price and the food is very limited, they have plenty of resuraunts in the town.

I would say of the below points to look out for :

* Make sure you tip the porter when you arrive and he takes your bags, as they do not allow food or drink to be bought in the hotel, however the porter let us slide with our duty free drinks.

* When in the streets be aware of the young boys begging, they try to get money from you.

* Get round the pool early for a bed.

* They have no fridges in the room, however we bought ice from the local supermarket and filled the sink to keep our drinks cool.

Overall it was a lovely hot holiday, fo the price we paid you cant beat it.!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank StaceyJ123
Reviewed August 23, 2011

A large hotel on the outskirts of Marrakech so a car or taxi is essential to visit the sights. A somewhat scruffy but adequate room with reasonably comfortable beds. The hotel has a large swimming pool which provides music all afternoon and evening for your entertainment whether you want it or not! Buffet meals are quite good, although the size of the dining room necesitates two sittings if the hotel is full. All in all reasonable value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We spent our first holiday in Marrakesh in July and really luved it, this is a great hotel but quite far from the centre but...mind you we enjoyed that bit as it was nice and quiet, The no 1 bus takes you into the centre. Bus stop is at the bottom of the road ocross from the
petrol St. No bus stop sign but you will see other people waiting.
There is also a supermarket down the same road as the bus stop and a couple of blocks down the road. About 10 min walk, go in the morning when it's cooler. Another tip take your ruck sack to get your water back into hotel... They'll think you've been out walking as your not aloud groceries in your room. I luved Marrakesh I hope you do too, think we will be back again:o)

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We have just returned from a week in this hotel and had a lovely, relaxing time. The hotel was very nice with good amenities. Our room was nice and clean and the cleaning service excellent (the only thing was that we had only 2 small towels on the first day but after asking at reception we received extra ones). Our balcony overlooked the pool so we had a nice view. We loved the pool and it was very welcome in the heat! There aren't any parasols around the pool which initially concerned me but there is a large area of shade under the trees which is more than adequate - I think this is why they don't bother with parasols.
The hotel is a little out of the way but is a short taxi ride to the main square - DEFINATELY agree a price before getting in a taxi. Our rep told us to expect to pay about 30MAD during the day and 50MAD at night. When we went down we agreed 40MAD before getting in the taxi but on the way home the driver tried to charge us 100! As soon as we refused he backed down - they just totally chance it! If you hadn't agreed a price before setting off though, it would be very hard to contest this at the other end. There is a supermarket not far from the hotel (ACIME - ask your rep for directions - pretty easy - right and then right out of hotel and then left and all way up to main road, forking on right hand side of garage) - probably feels further away because of heat! Good due to water etc being much more reasonable here than in hotel - 5MAD (about 40p) instead of 20MAD and about £1.60! If you want to buy alcohol you have to go in the morning and you have to take your passport! The hotel does serve alcohol (luckily as we realised a lot of other local hotels do not) but it is very overpriced.
We found all the hotel staff very nice, apart from the majority of the reception staff - upon arrival I asked, in French, if they spoke English and was almost scoffed at as if to say "of course!" - this turned out not to be the case in the majority of situations though and to get pretty much anything at reception I was forced to consult my French dictionary and speak in broken French! I was a bit upset as I was already trying my best and using whatever French I could - I thought being quite respectful. The hotel, overall, did seem to cater much more for the French guests, I suppose as they all speak the same language. A couple of times at the bar we were ignored as there were French guests to serve, even if they arrived after us. The breakfasts definately catered for the French - mostly just pastries and cakes every morning - quite repetitive. We really enjoyed the evening meals though - excellent. Would definately recommend half board as not that many places to eat nearby and the evening meals were nice. Also, on the Friday night they put on a Moroccan night - moved all the tables outside along with all the buffet tagines etc and put on musicians and belly dancers for entertainment - brilliant!
Jemma el Fna (the main square) and the Souks are definately sights to behold but we found one day enough - the intensity with which you're bombarded is overwhelming - if we were able to browse and observe things in more peace we would actually have bought more. Every time we even glanced at anything we were accosted. There are no prices on anything - be careful you're not fleeced (as I was) - if they suggest a price probably offer 1/4 of this and this is much more near the actual reasonable price! Beware of the henna ladies as well - it is lovely to have it done but make sure you agree a price before they start - some of them grab you and start putting it on without your consent! I didn't agree a price before hand and paid double what other girls at the hotel had paid - I paid 300MAD so about £24 (I had baragined this down from 500 already!) This was for my foot and ankle (one leg).
Beware of "illegal" guides offering to take you places - we went on a proper trip to the mountains organised with the reps which was safe, insured and not too expensive. You also get a guide and a proper coach. We had taxi drivers and even hotel staff trying to take us places for money - the reception staff member was visibly annoyed when I refused his offer! Stick to proper events. We probably wouldn't go again at this time of year as the heat was pretty unbelievable and not sure if I would return to a Muslim country again during Ramadan (it just meant that some things weren't open when they would have been etc although it was interesting).
Overall though we had a lovely time and the bad points above didn't affect us that much (I have just made sure I included them more for advice for others!) Wonderful, interesting, different, very hot! holiday.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple