“Dismayed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Tafilalet

We can't find prices for this hotel
Le Tafilalet
Ranked #448 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
morocco
“Dismayed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2007

We were suspicious from the beginning since their price was so low compared to other "4 star" hotels in the city. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised as it didn't look all that bad and the furniture in the room was old with come character. Then we noticed flea blood on the sheets but the femme de chambre insisted the sheets were changed in the morning. We had our confirmation the next morning when we woke up with bite marks and itching. You have to hold your breath to enter the dining area, quickly grab the food (which is interestingly good) and then run out outside to eat it in the fresh air. This could have been such a gracious hotel and I'm sure it was, back in the days, but they completely let it crumble. Unless you see a sign "completely renovated", don't ruin your holiday in this lovely city.

Stayed May 2007

Amsterdam, Holland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2007

With rating this hotel a 2 instead a 1 I think I am large!.
The only place we stayed three days, and almost the worst. I must say that my room was o.k. Not too clean, taps leaking, but the bed was clean and there was hot water in the shower. But some of our group got worse. I saw myself a room with torn curtains, stains on the carpets ( as there were also on the carpets on the stairs). The bedcover was full of stains, as was the floor in the bathroom. As the hotelmanager said to our friends, a room not worth of accomodating guests. As a gesture all the group got the next day a big plate with fruits and a bottle of mineralwater in the rooms. The worst room was changed.
The distance to the citycentre was a good 20 minutes drive. The surroundings unattractive.
As opposite to the rooms, the food was very good. Every day different and tasty,nice waiters, a big difference to the rooms. The personal at the reception was unfriendly and very unwilling to help. When they tried to charge me for drinks I didn't have at the bar, they didn't believe me that the signature was not mine, although I was willing to sign again in front of them. Only interference of our guide helped me out.

• Stayed April 2007
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Bhutantraveller

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels